newest memeber :) Please Read

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
syckbastid
Family Member

Post by syckbastid »

I was on avonex for a year, but stopped because I hated losing my weekends, and doubted its worth. I've been off for a year. I take thousands of vitamins, probiotics, drink green tea by the gallon, smoke pot, and meditate (not in that order!).

Bob,
I've read that some neuro's prescribe 10 - 15 day tapers, but mine is against that b/c of my age. Though I feel old, I'm still only 28, so she wants my body to re-adjust itself with as little assistance as possible. I typically use a 3 day taper, and then hit the gym .
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

syckbastid wrote: I've read that some neuro's prescribe 10 - 15 day tapers, but mine is against that b/c of my age. Though I feel old, I'm still only 28, so she wants my body to re-adjust itself with as little assistance as possible. I typically use a 3 day taper, and then hit the gym .
Three days doesn't seem too bad. My wife is 46 and I don't remember her taper going much longer than that.

It would be interesting to find out what advantage for you there is in shortening the shortening taper.
Bob
Grumpster
Family Elder

Solumedrol

Post by Grumpster »

Hello,

I am 37 yr old male and diagnosed for 5 years. Hit me like a brick also. I was very active before MS. I have had the same symptoms with strength in my legs, optic neuritis in both eyes, tremor and a lot of bizarre stuff. The steroid treatments do seem to help and they helped me recover and regain vision after a nasty Optic Neuritis attack. The side effects are manageable (for me at least) and hopefully you have started on the treatment already because time is important. The ijnflamation needs to be active in order for the steroids to have max affect.

Best of luck with some type of relief from this attack. I found this site a year ago and I visit it regularly. there are many well informed members here. It is a good place for suppport when you are really feeling down.

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss anything further.

G
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

Fums, a belated, but genuine welcome to the community. Please feel at home here.
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
nicolem
Getting to Know You...

Myelin Repair Foundation for MS

Post by nicolem »

Good Day:

I wanted to introduce myself. I am with the Myelin Repair Foundation. I am the Volunteer Area Director for Colorado.

When you have a moment, please review our website below and take a peek at the interactive "launch video" on main page and play. It will help describe the foundation's purpose and little background for you. We have some recent news and updates which are featured on the left hand screen of the main page that you may want to view.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Nicole A. McGarvey
Volunteer Area Director-Denver,CO
Myelin Repair Foundation http://myelinrepair.org/index.shtml
Discovery through collaboration
nicolemcgarvey@hotmail.com

Correspondence with representatives of the Myelin Repair Foundation should not replace consultation with one or more licensed neurologists or others who are trained to treat the symptoms of MS and other demyelinating diseases.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Thanks Nicole,
I did watch the video and this is an interesting enough project that you might add this information to the "General Discussion" forum so that more people have a chance to view it.
Bob
TonyJegs
Family Member

Re: Myelin Repair Foundation for MS

Post by TonyJegs »

nicolem wrote:
I wanted to introduce myself. I am with the Myelin Repair Foundation. I am the Volunteer Area Director for Colorado.
Hi Nicole,
Are you in fundraising mostly or in science?
Your company is a very sympathetic one, I like your ambitions. Are you really believe in your timeline?
Tony
Bec76

Encouraging Video

Post by Bec76 »

Hey Nichole,

All I can say is THANK YOU. The video is amazing! I agree with what Bob said, you should add it to the info on the General Discussion forum.

Becca :)
nicolem
Getting to Know You...

MRF's President Message March 15, 2007!

Post by nicolem »

Return to “Introductions”