TALEX
Getting to Know You...

new

Post by TALEX »

hello, just told 11/24/04, rrms, 42 , start tysabri 12/6/04 , scared
LindaR
Family Member

Post by LindaR »

Welcome....MS can be very overwhelming at first but once you get your arms around it things will calm down. You are doing all the right things and getting started on the new treatment is great! How did your first treatment with the new drug go?
TALEX
Getting to Know You...

Post by TALEX »

Linda, thanks for the welcome. My first treatment is this coming Monday the 6th. I was told of my ms the morning that the FDA aproved the drug.
LindaR
Family Member

Post by LindaR »

Sorry, lost all track of time. It's only the 2nd. Good luck with your first infusion. I have had solumedrol infusions before and they are no big deal. Let us know how you make out. I was diagnosed this past February after a bout of Optic Neuritis. Been taking Avonex since March and LDN and seem to be pretty stable. I do have some fatigue and some tightness in my calves but for the most part I'm okay.
TALEX
Getting to Know You...

Post by TALEX »

Linda that is how it started with me. 1988 in left eye and 1991 in right eye. And 13 1/2 years later I'm here. Thanks for the support. I should be back to work on Tuesday the 7th with an update.
LindaR
Family Member

Post by LindaR »

Wow that was a long time to wait for a diagnosis. Mine ON started in January 04 and I was diagnosed in Feb. 04 after an MRI and spinal tap.
TALEX
Getting to Know You...

Post by TALEX »

Oct. 1998 after 1 month at Opthomolygists and Neuro (by the way Neuro said he sees no problem) vision back to normal. March 1991 Opthom. said he can't see anything, 2 weeks later vision normal. Now sensations in legs and arm.
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

Talex, it would be WONDERFUL if you could come back here on the 6th or 7th and let us know exactly how your first Tysabri infusion went-- the more details the better. There are many in our community anxious for real-world information on this therapy.

Thanks and all our well wishes and strength in this overwhelming time.
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
Jill
Family Member

Post by Jill »

hi talex,
sorry to hear of your diagnosis. i wish you the best with the new treatment. let us know how it goes.
Chilcotin
Family Member

Post by Chilcotin »

Good luck as you go for your Tysabri infusion today. I look forward to
hearing from you on how it went. I was just diagnosed in March and when I read about MS from just five years ago it is wonderful to have so many people working hard trying to figure it out for us.
Cathy
Family Member

new DX

Post by Cathy »

I also wish you success with your infusion. I am very interested in the monthly cost of this drug, if you don't mid sharing that info.

Cathy
TALEX
Getting to Know You...

tysabri infusion

Post by TALEX »

Thanks to all for your thoughts. The infusion took place @ 9:45 am, an hour later I was finished. Everything went well, I waited an hour after the infusion for any signs of trouble. The medical staff told me I was the first in California to receive the infusion after the FDA approval. No cost yet from the Dr. office. Will keep everyone posted.
LindaR
Family Member

Post by LindaR »

Talex. Did you feel any side effects at all?
Cathy
Family Member

infusion

Post by Cathy »

Glad it went well-Keep us posted on your progress.
TALEX
Getting to Know You...

Post by TALEX »

I was nervous walking in, the medical staff was great. Just sat there for 2 hours did not feel anything strange, none the the possible side effects. My next infuse is 1/5/05. the nurse told me every 28 days, o.k. from 25 to 33 days from previous.

Return to “Introductions”