New Here. Diagnosed MS, LYME, and CPN

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Shaka
Getting to Know You...

New Here. Diagnosed MS, LYME, and CPN

Post by Shaka »

Hello, I was Diagnosed with MS about 5 years ago after 2 bouts of Optic Nueritus. I also tested positive for Lyme. The Drs here in Oregon would not treat Lyme. After the CDC got my 3rd positive lyme test in the mail they made my nuero give me 30 days Doxy, I could tell it was doing something. My PCP decided to keep me on it since i so believed I had Lyme also.

I tried Avonex for 9 months and it did not work with me. I decided to fly to Conecticut and see a Nuero there that was Lyme friendly. He diagnosed me with Nuero lyme and gave me 90 IV Rocephen. I was very sick during that time but after felt much better. I had a follow up MRI a few months later and all my Lesions except one little one had healed. My MS Nuero was in shock but will still not give any credit to the lyme treatment.I thought I was cured and never talked to the Dr out East. I guess I was suppose to stay on Doxy but did not.

I saw an LLMD in California that put me on Amoxy I felt great for 9 months and we decided to have a Baby. The Pregnancey went great I stayed on Antibiotics just in case I still had a couple of those buggers left did not want to transmit to Baby, She was born healthy and tested negative for Lyme.

I stopped taking my antibiotics a few months after she was born and boom it all came back. I have about 9 new lesions affecting my walking and bladder mostly.

I just went back out East to to see my nureo and he discovered I tested positive for CPN 2 years ago and was never treated. Now he thinks that is causing my MS. How does one person have MS, Lyme, and CPN I feel like a walking germ factory.

So I am starting I think its called the Stratton-Vanderbilt protocol and lets pray that it works. Antibiotics helped once hopefully it does it again.

I am getting alot of pressure to also add Copaxone to my regimine. That scares me. not sure what to do.

Thanks for reading my story I look forward to meeting you all.

Shaka
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bubba
Family Elder

Re: New Here. Diagnosed MS, LYME, and CPN

Post by Bubba »

Shaka wrote:
lets pray that it works
Welcome to TIMS.. I am no bible thumper by far, but I believe in prayer, and you cant do enough of it! :D
peekaboo
Family Elder

Post by peekaboo »

WOW a triple whammy. If I may suggest that you wade thru the antibiotic forum and also the copaxone forum where there are tales of success as well as concerns. Great places to gather info.
skydog
Family Elder

Post by skydog »

Welcome Shaka, I know a NP here in Or. that treats Lyme. PM me and I can get you the info. Also interested in doing the ABX Myself as soon as I fully recover from surgery that opened up my right jugular vein. See the CCVIS thread on this site. Best that has come my way since first started dealing with this condition. Cheers, mark
Plant a BIG Garden Live in the Moment
Shaka
Getting to Know You...

Post by Shaka »

Thx SkyDog, I have heard of her she has seen a friend of mine. Have you ever seen her before. It is strange to be on a MS site again. Usually when I bring up Lyme, MS and Antibiotics I don't get a warm welcome.

I identify with well with people with Lyme but mine is so much more like MS that I need support from the MS people that have went through these symptoms.

Thanks for the Welcoming.