Welcome to ThisIsMS

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Welcome to ThisIsMS

Post by NHE »

Welcome to ThisIsMS Ttone35. Tecfidera has been reported to cause fairly intense gastric distress in some people. You may wish to read some of the posts in the Tecfidera forum that discuss ways to minimize the side effects.

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/tecfidera ... arate-f52/
roma
Getting to Know You...

Post by roma »

Boa tarde queridos amigos. Morei muitos anos da Ucrânia em Portugal, e quando adoeci de esclerose múltipla, parti para a Ucrânia. Agora há uma guerra aqui e não sei como ir para Portugal e para quem. Não consigo trabalhar e ganhar em outra área também. Tenho esclerose múltipla e agora tenho o primeiro grupo. O que eu faço?
Socklady

Post by Socklady »

Hi my name is Anne.i am late 70s undiagnosed but have hug sweats leg weakness making walking difficult if not impossible also some swallowing issues.Dx will be difficult because i am allergic to contrast so scans have to be without. Also have pacer so cannot do mri. Have been reading about treatments and am concerned because i cannot swallow pills.
I am concerned how i am going yo get through this.
Thank you
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Socklady wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:52 pm Hi my name is Anne.i am late 70s undiagnosed but have hug sweats leg weakness making walking difficult if not impossible also some swallowing issues.Dx will be difficult because i am allergic to contrast so scans have to be without. Also have pacer so cannot do mri. Have been reading about treatments and am concerned because i cannot swallow pills.
I am concerned how i am going yo get through this.
Thank you
Hi Anne,
An MS diagnosis is a process of elimination. I would not assume that you have MS. There are several conditions that can produce MS like symptoms. One common MS mimic is a vitamin B12 deficiency. Have you had your B12 level checked? Note, a test for B12 usually includes folate, homocysteine and methylmalonic acid in addition to B12. What other tests have you had?
Socklady

Post by Socklady »

Hi .i have had an EMG an arterial doppler of both legs nerve conduction and some blood work.unfortunately my b12 test was thrown out because sample was hemolysed.
Years ago i had hemolytic anemia
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Socklady wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:30 pm unfortunately my b12 test was thrown out because sample was hemolysed.
Years ago i had hemolytic anemia
Can you get the test redone?
Socklady

Post by Socklady »

Yes they will redo it next friday.