type of exercise and diet

Using exercise and physical therapy for recovery from the effects of MS, and for maintaining physical function.
sassycam

type of exercise and diet

Post by sassycam »

I know it has not been proven but when I first experienced my first symptom and it gradually got worse over the 6-7 I have been dealing with MS. I gained a lot of weight in a short period of time 6 yrs ago. I read that up that ms can either cause extreme weight or loss gain. B4 my official diagnosis in October 2012 I lost 40lbs in a two month period. But now that I'm on copaxone I read it can also cause weight gain. I eat around 1200 calories and walk daily and long distance but I am still at a stand still with weight.

I guess what I'm trying to find out what others do as far as trying to loss healthy. I am at risk for other health related issue especially now with autoimmune disease to boot. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
aredmosquito
Getting to Know You...

Re: type of exercise and diet

Post by aredmosquito »

I know this post is a tad old, but wanted to comment.

I use the MyFitnessPal app (you can also use it on PC) to record foods. I upped my produce intake greatly and cut meat intake to one meal once or twice a week. I don't eat any grains that are not whole grains. I eat six small meals a day rather than 3 larger ones.

As far as exercise, I own 3 of the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home DVDs. They are so great and relatively low impact.
Diagnosed with RRMS March 2013.
Rebif May 2013 - September 2014.
Gilenya since November 2014.
EDSS 3.