Muscle Spasms Exercise Suggestions

Using exercise and physical therapy for recovery from the effects of MS, and for maintaining physical function.
tiller

Muscle Spasms Exercise Suggestions

Post by tiller »

Hi guys

My mother suffers from MS and she has this weird sensation shes always complained to me about. We don't have the money for another doctors visit.

The muscle spasm on researching found to be called 'Clonus'. Have any of you guys have any suggestions for any exercise or stretches that can be done that worked for you guys.

Thanks
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Re: Muscle Spasms Exercise Suggestions

Post by lyndacarol »

tiller wrote:Hi guys

My mother suffers from MS and she has this weird sensation shes always complained to me about. We don't have the money for another doctors visit.

The muscle spasm on researching found to be called 'Clonus'. Have any of you guys have any suggestions for any exercise or stretches that can be done that worked for you guys.

Thanks
Welcome to ThisIsMS, tiller.

Some people have reported improvement in muscle spasms by testing for magnesium levels and, if deficient, adding more food sources of magnesium to their diet and even adding magnesium supplements (in the form of magnesium citrate, magnesium glycinate, or any of several other forms – even soaking in Epsom salt baths, a.k.a. magnesium sulfate baths, can be helpful since it is absorbed through the skin). Magnesium oxide is not generally the preferred form – it is not easily absorbed.

Muscles need magnesium to function properly. Magnesium deficiency is very common. Increasing magnesium intake (one way or the other) is not harmful.