Vibraslim Vibration Exercise Equipment

Using exercise and physical therapy for recovery from the effects of MS, and for maintaining physical function.
helpforms

Vibraslim Vibration Exercise Equipment

Post by helpforms »

Hi Everyone,

Wow! :o I purchased one about 2 week ago, fairly expensive but worth every penny $1,760.00 including shipping. I have RRMS DX 2001. Can walk short distances only within my home and only with the aid of a walker. I can stand holding onto my walker for 10 to 12 minutes. Well I have gained weight and tryed PT for stiff legs and my arms are so weak. Anyway I've been using this just about every day for the last 2 weeks and already noticing positive changes in me. I can stand on it for 4 minutes at level 5. Your suppose to start slow and build up to 10 minutes 3 to 4 times a week. I also sit down on it for my stomach, back and upper legs. I have noticed more leg strength my arm are stronger and its helping leg pain. My body is toning, my clothes are fitting better and I'm sleeping better and its helping my bladder issues. I'm going to the bathroom more frequently which is really helping with swollen ankles from sitting for so long.
My son and husband are also using it and have noticed more leg strength.
My son works in retail and stands on his feet for 8 hour shifts and says his legs don't hurt anymore. I was skeptical at first, but i'm truly seeing and feeling the benifits.
Bye for now!
Nancy :)
Slumby
Family Member

Re: Vibraslim Vibration Exercise Equipment

Post by Slumby »

I've seen a tv ad for one of these machines a few times.
At first, I thought of those old timey machines...but then I wonder and think, it might be helpful.

What I'm wondering now is, what did your PT suggest for stiff legs?
Laura

Secondary progressive
14mg aubagio
Edss = 8
Check out my blog!
Laura5myMSstories.blogspot.com
danielashell
Family Member

Post by danielashell »

Slumby wrote:I've seen a tv ad for one of these machines a few times.
At first, I thought of those old timey machines...but then I wonder and think, it might be helpful.

What I'm wondering now is, what did your PT suggest for stiff legs?
I am going to use one for the first time tonight. I will inquire about stiff legs and get back to you. :)
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

I have two vibration plate machines and have used them for several years. I am not sure whether they help with improving muscle tone any faster/better than regular exercise or not but they sure feel good. Please keep in mind that you have to do light exercise with them to get the most benefit, otherwise you are just getting a massage basically, which is still a good thing.

If the unit you get has a large enough base, you can sit on the base and do exercises or put a chair on it and sit on that and do exercises. (I sit primarily when doing upper body exercises). (You can only sit on these if they have Linear Vibration, not oscillation motion.

I own two different machines, this one is under $200 on Amazon and works very well:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L7 ... UTF8&psc=1