Deleted

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
ms_turophile
Getting to Know You...

Deleted

Post by ms_turophile »

Deleted
Last edited by ms_turophile on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Input on Regimen Welcome

Post by NHE »

ms_turophile wrote:1. Started INF (Avonex) in November - still having horrid "flu like" side effects and waiting until an MRI in August to see if its helping more than its harming. Taking Tylenol Arthritis and injecting at night helps, but the side effects have not abated.
Have you ever tried using ibuprofen to combat the side effects from Avonex? Many people, including myself, find it to be more effective than Tylenol. I would try 400 mg at the time of your injection, or about an hour afterwards depending on when you start feeling the Avonex kick in, and then another 400 mg every 4-6 hours or so afterwards as needed. I'm usually back up to speed by the next day and don't need more than one, or two at most, doses of ibuprofen to manage the side effects. Without the ibuprofen, I get really bad cramps/spasms that can make it difficult to walk.

NHE
Last edited by NHE on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ms_turophile
Getting to Know You...

Post by ms_turophile »

Deleted
Last edited by ms_turophile on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Input on Regimen Welcome

Post by NHE »

ms_turophile wrote:I did try ibuprofen - my stomach doesn't tolerate it well (especially if I'm no steroids at the time). Tylenol Arthritis actually works surprisingly well; since its time-released sleeping becomes much easier and it knocks the pain from 8 or 9 to 4 or 5.
Sometimes, taking ibuprofen with food can help make it easier on your stomach. In addition to ibuprofen, some people have also had success with Aleve which contains naproxen (but that's hard on my stomach whereas ibuprofen is not). Anyways, I'm glad that you found something that helps.

NHE

Return to “Regimens”