Logical assumptions about treatments - (rant)

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
MSBOB
Family Elder

Logical assumptions about treatments - (rant)

Post by MSBOB »

All opinionated rant:

Fingolimod was developed by studying the fungus that grows on insects, eventually killing the host and sprouting fruiting bodies. Scientists studied it for the factor which suppressed the immune system of the host and then isolated it and simplified it. I think that the substance they found was a necroptosis inhibitor that actually kept the host alive until it was done with it. This may be the reason why it also causes skin cancer, because the body doesn't have the ability to kill defective cells. Fingolimod is better suited for chemotherapy patients, giving better results and protecting healthy cells.

Tysabri sequesters white blood cells to lymphnodes. JVC virus is not the only virus that wants to attack a brain or other vital organ. I think that Tysabri leaves people way too exposed to pathogens, liver damage, kidney failure, and blood cancers. So passing a test for JVC does not by any means put you in the clear.

Copaxone mimics myelin basic protien. With this running through your blood at all times, if your T cells are already sensitized to it, causes a low grade panic in the immune system which eventually raises uric acid levels. The only benefit is that the T cells are too freaked out to search in the CNS for myelin. Long term has got to play some major defects in the thyroid, not to mention other side effects.

CCSVI is covered elsewhere.

Rebif, more like rebarf. Everything you love about having the flu without having the flu. 18-35% effective at dealing with MS. 100% effective at being a major pain as I inject it and look at all the bruises all over my legs and stomache. Side effects are real. It can cause liver damage, depression, hair loss, fatigue... FATIGUE! that is the last thing I want out of an MS therapy, except PML which would be way worse, or liver failure, etc.

The helminths, supplements, diet, exercise, not-smoking, ms vaccine, plasma exchange, are still on the table at the moment. Tomorrow, going to the doctor, will quit rebif soon, sticking to supplements, diet (Swank), exercise, and hopefully non-smoking. Mom is taking fampradine and loving it. I am taking adderall and loving it.

thanks
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Logical assumptions about treatments - (rant)

Post by NHE »

MSBOB wrote:Tysabri sequesters white blood cells to lymphnodes.
I believe that this is how Gilenya works. Tysabri prevents white blood cells from crossing the blood brain barrier.

Gilenya Prescribing Information

Tysabri Prescribing Information

NHE
MSBOB
Family Elder

Post by MSBOB »

I was wrong about Tysabri, confused with Gelina (sp). I talked to my doc about it. I have taken in too much information in a short time and all of it has blurred together.

thanks for posting your reply!