My regimen(s)

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

A couple of changes.

1. I have added another point
2. The last point meant I had to rescale the Y axis (it went off the graph woo-hoo!)
3. I added another graph (in green with the Y scale on right) showing how many "jumps on the spot" I can do in a row. The scale is simply the number I manage. It seems to help with the clonus/spacisity in my knees and my ataxia. I think anyway. It really made it clear how the last flagyl pulse (the red lines) hit me.
4. did I mention woo-hoo

I have done some off beat things in the last month, and I plan on updating this thread. Hopefully I will get a chance this weekend.
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Post by gibbledygook »

Hey Cureo!

How many pulses have you done? I'm on my 26th and my walking feels terrible!
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

I have done 16 pulses but as you can see in the time since the last red line, I am on a long break from the flagyl right now; until my walking gets better. But continuing with the doxy and roxy.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

"Any step that isn't backwards, must be forward."
Well, it could be sideways, but here it looks like forward to me. I think I might add jumping on the spot to my repertoire. It presumably isn't a solid floor that you jump on, though, because you might end up damaging your joints.

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

Anecdote wrote:It presumably isn't a solid floor that you jump on, though, because you might end up damaging your joints.
Nope, its carpeted. And just to be clear, I am holding onto the door frame to keep my balance. I notice more of a tight feeling in my leg muscles the next day, than anything in my joints.
Anecdote wrote:I think I might add jumping on the spot to my repertoire.
Well, it may of helped the last point. And I truly think it has helped with the clonus in my knees.

I have added a point to the main graph, and one to the other graph. Both are big increases. I hope to stay at this level, because there just cant be an improvement continuation like this. I though I already started to plateau. I had to change the graph Y axis again to fit the new point! Be sure to refresh the page.

I still have problems with clonus in my knees, and my walking is not that great, but it is improving.
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Post by gibbledygook »

WOW! :lol:
I am amazed and delighted at your chart - not only the line of your MS progress but the interactivity of the graph updates. I'm afraid the technology has defeated me and I can only manage to upload an oversized photograph of my progress chart! Very impressive, Cureo. You deserve a few glasses of champagne and some mince pies.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

gibbledygook wrote:You deserve a few glasses of champagne and some mince pies.
Both of those are not on my diet. :evil:
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Post by gibbledygook »

Oh dear! Smoked salmon and glass of red?

Oh dear, oh dear. When I was first diagnosed in 2004 I went on a milk-free, gluten-free, fat-free, fish and rice, liver smoothie and raw beetroot type diet for 6 months. This did absolutely NADA for my steadily accumulating deficits and I lost so much weight that eating occassionally mince pies and drinking champagne have now become a necessity! Until New Year, that is!!!!!
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

I have plotted another point on the jump on the spot graph. I have also plotted my attempts of two more medications on the graph. Prozac and Kreppa. Be sure to refresh.

I took the kreppa in an attempt to reduce spasisity. But it didnt really seem to help me.

As for the prozac (28 days). I cant say that I felt it made a difference, however, the graph implies it did. Because of this I will be trying it again in the future if my GP is comfortable with prescribing it again.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

I sent my GP the graph, and he suggested I continue with the prozac, and has given me a new script for 28 days, with a repeat.

I have plotted two new points. One on each graph; and the start of the stint of prozac. Be sure to refresh.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

I have plotted two new points. One on each graph, be sure to refresh.
mrhodes40
Family Elder

Post by mrhodes40 »

Cur-0 what an absolutely wonderful graph!. Thank you very muh for taking the time to do it.
marie
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

and another couple of points.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

And another point (on jump on the spot)

I have also added in the graph for going forward on my eliptical trainer.

I also switched to GIF which gives a better image for the same size.

In the past few weeks, I am also trialling 4AP. On the second day I took it, my clonus in my knees was almost gone. It came back, and hasnt gone as much as the second day. But I am pretty sure it makes a pretty big difference normally anyway.

I am taking weekends off.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

and another couple of points. be sure to refresh.

I had to adjust the right verticle axis (for jumping on the spot), as it went off the graph :)
Gilenya, 80mg Lipitor, Inosine, Minocycline, Suppliments galore.
3 CCSVI treatments, no major noteable benefits thus far.

Return to “Regimens”