Newbie here with my diet regimen

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
cg50in
Getting to Know You...

Newbie here with my diet regimen

Post by cg50in »

On Lectin free-no grains, legumes, potatoes, tomatoes and dairy. Lots of fish, venison, veggies, fruit tree nuts and berries, Vit D3 sups and sun when I can get it. Basically Paleo diet. I eat some rice and sweet potatoes for starch fix. Also sugar free. I have been in total remission for 2 years now, no new lesions and feel normal again. Also cognitive issues gone. I know this disease can turn on a dime so keeping my fingers crossed. I realize we are all different but thought I would share my regimen. BTW I am med free. My Dad had MS, my brother and niece also have it. Obviously I have the genetic predisposition and perhaps diet is my environmental factor.
GL to all.
mrbarlow
Family Elder

Re: Newbie here with my diet regimen

Post by mrbarlow »

Hi

Sounds like you have the right approach.
daverestonvirginia
Family Elder

Post by daverestonvirginia »

That's great it is always good to hear a diet success story. I have been also on a Paleo diet for about six years now and I am doing very well. I do also take copaxone, my wife makes me take the copaxone but I believe I would be fine just on the diet. Good Luck, Dave
ikulo
Family Elder

Post by ikulo »

Hey cg50, thanks for posting. I'm curious what your fat intake is like. I tried to the paleo, but I did a higher fat intake than before and my symptoms got significantly worse. I'm wondering if the paleo diet works for MS but with a reduced fat intake. I was eating a lot of Sat fat, which is recommended in paleo due to its less oxidative factors.
andreagwolford

Post by andreagwolford »

Good to know that it worked out for you. Thanks for sharing. It'll help MSers a lot. Paleo diet looks promising now :)