What about Vitamin B

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
kally

What about Vitamin B

Post by kally »

Do you take B3 and B12 together? Mine has folic acid in it. I think I get headaches from this pill. Would it be the folic acid that does that? How much do you take? Thanks
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: What about Vitamin B

Post by jimmylegs »

yes, in b-complex pills you certainly do. which one of your pills has the folic acid, the b12? can you list the entire ingredients on the bottle? folic acid is not supposed to have side effects. when my nutrition status was poor, i used to get this annoying phantom itch from a b-complex with i think 1mg? i took the same amount of folic acid in a different multi ages later, when my nutritional status was improved, and did not end up with that symptom. what's your total regimen?
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
andreagwolford

Post by andreagwolford »

Folic acid does not have a known connection to headaches. High doses of B3 can cause headaches or lightheadedness.. It can also be a cause in case of B12. Is that so? Are you taking high dosages of B3 and B12?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

also excessive b3 is supposed to increase risk of liver damage. also too much b12 at the wrong time of day has been anecdotally connected to sleeplessness among some TIMS members. according to circadian rhythm studies, taking high dose b12 in the morning would run counter to when levels are naturally lowest. i still haven't seen anything linking b vits to headaches however..
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.