Twenty-three and onward

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
Katman
Family Elder

Twenty-three and onward

Post by Katman »

It is several months since my last post. This is a short update for those who are interested in how antibiotics return to some people lives that were thought lost for always.

In Sept., 2004 I was very dim and fading fast when my sister found the work of David Wheldon and Charles Stratton based on the cause of MS as a bacterium of the Chlamydia family, a nasty, devious bug not even discovered until 1986, I believe. Being unsound of mind and body but still hoping for a reprieve, I began my long trek. It is now very much a new dawn every day. I could not then walk five feet and can now run/walk a mile in the middle of a normal day, I was exhausted by any very small task and now do not have nearly enough hours in any day to accomplish my self-assigned list of jobs, my hips and other joints hurt agonizingly and now do not. My schedule , and those of all of us on this rewarding regimen, is not easy, but for those who can stay with it, is filled with gifts.

Rica
2010 5 years 4 months Now on Amoxicillin, Doxy, Rifampin, Azith, and caffeine in addition to  flagyl. 90% normal good days-50% normal bad days. That is a good thing.
wiggy
Family Elder

Post by wiggy »

Great post - I am so happy for you! I was crying this morning while reading the success stories on CPn Help and my daughter caught me and said "mom what is wrong" 8O
I said this is a happy cry as people are recovering with this sickness I have and maybe one day I will feel better too!

You did well with tini or was it more difficult than flagyl for you?

Have a good day!
Katman
Family Elder

Post by Katman »

Hi Wiggy

Still love your name! Thank you - I had gone back to reread my post and was thinking how weak it is, but maybe it came across better than I thought.

Tini will be my "drug of choice", I believe. I have been clearer in my head, even though my balance has not been up to its usual standard. Perhaps I should qualify that: 1 1/2 years ago I could not walk 5 feet without a cane and used a walker or my trike always outside for any distance. IF I went shopping (a rare thing - fortunately, I have a selfless husband), I used an electric cart. I gave away my cane 8 months ago, have not fallen since a year ago. Most of all, the energy that was stolen from me by this awful disease, has returned to about two-thirds of pre-disease level. I am mostly me but still have some work to do. There is always some temporary regression during and after a pulse. In a couple of weeks, I will know more about physical benefits from tindazole as compared to flagyl.

I wish you as good results as I have had.

Rica
2010 5 years 4 months Now on Amoxicillin, Doxy, Rifampin, Azith, and caffeine in addition to  flagyl. 90% normal good days-50% normal bad days. That is a good thing.
wiggy
Family Elder

Post by wiggy »

Well, I read how you felt in Sept. 2004 and that is how I feel right now, achey, tired even though I slept great last night and everything is an effort, so I completely relate.

Than reading how you recovered to me it is amazing, unbelieveable and not easy but you did it!

My husband is like yours and I am very thankful!

I am glad tini is working well for you - appears to be drug of choice for many.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Age or pulse? :wink:

It will be very interesting to see what you deduce about the effect of tinidazole because I only so recently started it. I already was feeling no effect from taking flagyl apart from tiredness and weepiness when I started it: I just got sick of feeling like that and I thought tinidazole might be better, which it was, but how the two affect function, I have no idea.

I will watch this space!

Sarah
Last edited by SarahLonglands on Fri May 05, 2006 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

Katman wrote:1 1/2 years ago I could not walk 5 feet without a cane and used a walker or my trike always outside for any distance
I am so glad to hear of your recovery.

For how long did you need the cane for, before you started the abx's?
Katman
Family Elder

Post by Katman »

Hi Cure

For 8 months after beginning antibiotics there was really no noticable change but I was not looking for it. But at the end of May there was undeniable improvement - I could walk 5 to 10 feet without holding on or falling down. I was not flattened for the day by some small task but could work for several hours. Gradually my strength and stamina improved and then in Sept, 2005 I realized I had not used my cane for a few days to a week and gave it to visitor with - guess what - MS. Incidentally, she is now on the protocol and is driving now which she was unable to do last Sepr.
Lots of words to say about 11 months but that is how I got from there to here. Hope this answers.

Rica

Return to “Regimens”