Regimen so far

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
Schoofness

Regimen so far

Post by Schoofness »

Hi, I am new to this - was diagnosed last year - started Copaxone about a month ago now and am taking 5000 IU's of Vitamin D a day.

I don't know if this is too much, but was recommended to me by my eye doctor I saw when I went to see if I could get on the study for the drugs - I was doing a study for Fingolimod vs Copakone - I got the Copaxone lol. Going pretty good. Just mind over matter with the injections.

I don't know if I should be taking B supplements too, or which ones - my mother tells me about so many to take - Sublingual and all the numbers :-P it's confusing.

I forgot to add that I have relapsing, remitting MS.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Regimen so far

Post by jimmylegs »

d3 is good, but careful with it long term if you aren't balancing your mineral intake to match - the docs don't seem to be up on that aspect just yet

some possibly useful future reading: http://www.thisisms.com/forum/search.ph ... mit=Search
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Youarethecure
Family Elder

Re: Regimen so far

Post by Youarethecure »

Do you work out and exercise as well?

That is VERY important along with medication, vitamins and proper dieting.

I mean think about it, our body is being attacked from the inside so to be as physically fit, healthy, and smart as possible is a good start.

The way I look at it is we all start at 100 percent and with each attack it takes us down a little. It is Very important to build your body back up or to keep it at that 100 percent level. The more and more we build ourselves up means the less cumilation we will have over time from the attacks.

If we sit back and do nothing after an attack, then we are at 90 percent then 80 after the next attack...... etc etc etc.

Return to “Regimens”