rHGH @ 2IU (Somatropin)

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
PhireX
Family Member

Re: rHGH @ 2IU (Somatropin)

Post by PhireX »

Awesome - let me know how it goes. I'm in stage 2 (getting post-six week bloods + MRI)

What dose are you on? I'm sticking on 1.5IU / day .. 5 x weekly

i also now understand why athletes are so good... they all cheat! :mrgreen:
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

PhireX wrote:Awesome - let me know how it goes. I'm in stage 2 (getting post-six week bloods + MRI)

What dose are you on? I'm sticking on 1.5IU / day .. 5 x weekly
I am on 2IU (if I am getting my dosing right :-| I have to mix it up myself) on 3-1-2-1 Dosing (ie 3 on 1 off, then 2 on and 1 off). Tonight is my 5th actual dose (ie the second day of the 2 on, or day 6 of the cycle). I take it at night, in line with the previous.
PhireX wrote:i also now understand why athletes are so good... they all cheat! :mrgreen:
Personally, I can see why they are all on 4IU's, as 2IU's is really nothing; but it has only been 1 week.

One thing that is really surprising is how a non-event this injection is compared to Rebif. I have the tiniest insulin syringe I could get, so the needle is really fine and is only really very very short. The best part is there are just no post injection reactions.
PhireX
Family Member

Post by PhireX »

yep - you shouldn't get reaction sites, unless you buy weird stuff from the black market :P
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

PhireX wrote:yep - you shouldn't get reaction sites, unless you buy weird stuff from the black market :P
wasn't really expecting any site reactions, however, after being on Rebif a number of years back, I think I developed a "Pavlov's Dog" type expectation/reaction to self injection.

The one thing I *think* I notice after an injection is that I think maybe my tingling changes a little, hard to explain, but it feels ad though it becomes of a little lower frequency (similar to a lower tone in sound waves, not less often).

OK, its been a few weeks now, and i don't think this treatment has had a major effect on my MS condition, thusn far. I will continue with it and finish out my two month trial.
PhireX
Family Member

Post by PhireX »

Do you take yours before bed or first thing? I take mine at 6 am if possible (says me, warming it up around 11:30 AM...fk I'm lazy) :D

I might start injecting before bed and see if there's any diff in results
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

PhireX wrote:Do you take yours before bed or first thing? I take mine at 6 am if possible (says me, warming it up around 11:30 AM...fk I'm lazy) :D

I might start injecting before bed and see if there's any diff in results
I take mine before bed. 6:30 am is way to early for me anyway... 8O Ironically, I *think* this is also making it easier for me to stay longer in bed in the morning as well. :?

I based this timing off of the link I provided previously that recommended that before bed was the best time. Maybe I should be trying 6am instead, since it works so well for you, and doesn't seem so effective for me at all. :sad:I am thinking of trying it with the next batch. I get 12mg unmixed in a script. I have one repeat and if it doesn't help by the end of the second 12mg (=12 * 2.7 / 2 doses = approx 16 doses = approx 3 weeks of 5 days on and 2 days off), I don't think I will ask for another.

I might speak to my dr and see what he thinks of a single 4IU dose attempt; just an idea.
PhireX
Family Member

Post by PhireX »

At the beginning the first thing I noticed was I slept like a baby,... I generally sleep during the day now

Have you been lifting as well? or staying active?

Mine is pre-mixed in 1.5mL vials

My benefits have stayed pretty stable, I'm going hard in the gym now, but I've still had a few tired days and pretty sore and sorry today, lol

try 2 2 4 - it really can't hurt as a one off, crazy doses are like 6,8,12 etc.. have you had your igf-1 levels tested before/after? i haven't got my last igf-1 back, but according to the bodybuilder forums they say to have the bloods done 3 hours after your injection
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

PhireX wrote:At the beginning the first thing I noticed was I slept like a baby,... I generally sleep during the day now
I do not sleep during the day. However, I have had trouble falling asleep lately, but I think it is more likely due to having caffeine before working out. i use it to enable me to work out longer, but only in the morning; ie before 12pm.
PhireX wrote:Have you been lifting as well? or staying active?
I don't lift. What I do however is use a X-Trainer every second day. I try to use it for 35minutes, and have the resistance set to 10 out of a possible 12. I think the last two levels would be killers because I remember when I first got it no-one could keep it going for long at 12. I used to do it at level 4, but I started to increase it up to the now 10 a few months back. I am guessing you are talking about taking advantage of the body building edge it should give. I have a set of "fat scales" (basically close to a random number generator) and I have noticed that I have put on a kilo or three, but surprisingly, I have also increased my body fat %. I also use about 40g of veg protein (not the best, but no-milk or soy) a day as well.
PhireX wrote:Mine is pre-mixed in 1.5mL vials
Thats the one with the auto injector pen isn't it? I went for syringes and mine comes in a single vial seperated in two. One 12mg side powder and the other 1ml (really up to 1ml after mixing with the powder). I mix it on the first day, and then suck out a dose before injecting it.
PhireX wrote:try 2 2 4 - it really can't hurt as a one off, crazy doses are like 6,8,12 etc.. have you had your igf-1 levels tested before/after? i haven't got my last igf-1 back, but according to the bodybuilder forums they say to have the bloods done 3 hours after your injection
I have not had my IGF-1 levels measured. Not too concerned about them as this is such a small dose and any blood tests I take now have to be timed with the fact I am also taking Biotin which affects many test results (they use biotin as part of the test).
PhireX
Family Member

Post by PhireX »

CureOrBust wrote:
PhireX wrote:At the beginning the first thing I noticed was I slept like a baby,... I generally sleep during the day now
I do not sleep during the day. However, I have had trouble falling asleep lately, but I think it is more likely due to having caffeine before working out. i use it to enable me to work out longer, but only in the morning; ie before 12pm.

I try my best to stay off the caffeine now and supplement with water/juice - saying that I did have an extra large double shot latte while at the doctors this morning... :D
PhireX wrote:Have you been lifting as well? or staying active?
I don't lift. What I do however is use a X-Trainer every second day. I try to use it for 35minutes, and have the resistance set to 10 out of a possible 12. I think the last two levels would be killers because I remember when I first got it no-one could keep it going for long at 12. I used to do it at level 4, but I started to increase it up to the now 10 a few months back. I am guessing you are talking about taking advantage of the body building edge it should give. I have a set of "fat scales" (basically close to a random number generator) and I have noticed that I have put on a kilo or three, but surprisingly, I have also increased my body fat %. I also use about 40g of veg protein (not the best, but no-milk or soy) a day as well.

Around the 6 week mark the fat should start to melt. I put on about 5 kg initially (I'm small as aforementioned), then lost about 3kg, now I'm putting it on steadily as muscle
PhireX wrote:Mine is pre-mixed in 1.5mL vials
Thats the one with the auto injector pen isn't it? I went for syringes and mine comes in a single vial seperated in two. One 12mg side powder and the other 1ml (really up to 1ml after mixing with the powder). I mix it on the first day, and then suck out a dose before injecting it.

No auto injector - there's just a tiny rubber cap at the top, just pull however much you want from the vial and inject it. Since I'm small I tend to put my needles in around 45o-60o to ensure I'm not going through the layer of fat. I inject slowly, and massage the area for 10-15 seconds after the injection to help spread it.. this might have a similar effect to someone rubbing the screen of a slot machine to increase their chances of winning.
PhireX wrote:try 2 2 4 - it really can't hurt as a one off, crazy doses are like 6,8,12 etc.. have you had your igf-1 levels tested before/after? i haven't got my igf-1 back, but according to the bodybuilder forums they say to have the bloods done 3 hours after your injection
I have not had my IGF-1 levels measured. Not too concerned about them as this is such a small dose and any blood tests I take now have to be timed with the fact I am also taking Biotin which affects many test results (they use biotin as part of the test).
I took 3 x 2 IU over the past 36 hours before I got my bloods done approx. 3 hours after my last shot - I'll check them when they should be normal after taking two days off (48 hours) to see the difference.

I'm booking in with the Neuro as we speak to order an MRI which is probably the most interesting factor in this entire equation.

I'll keep things up to date with the results, etc.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

I tried Somatropin at 2IU 3 times a week for 2 months, and cannot say that it has made a difference to my MS symptoms. I did notice I put on about 4 kilos (normally around 65kg at 168cm, ie 5" 10.5'); so it did do what it says on the side of the packet.

I am however interested in the use of this medication for others that may be encountering "wasting" away due to inability to exercise / move freely or easily. I myself exercise pretty regularly (every second day) at a higher intensity (ie resistance) than normal.

I will not be continuing use as I did not get the results/effects that Phirex managed :sad:
PhireX
Family Member

Post by PhireX »

UPDATE:

I've had my 2nd MRI 18 months after my last. I have been on hGH now for approximately 10 months (I was unable to get supply for about a month). It's been a long, long process but well worth the results.

I saw my neurologist yesterday, I'll cut a long story short.

He said --

* "Your condition hasn't changed in 18 months and appears stable"

* "There is no point putting you on any of the toxic MS medication as it would have no benefit"

* "Whatever you're doing is working, keep it up, we'll review it more closely in 5 years time"

--

EDSS: 0

I have mentioned about the hGH to him - he wasn't concerned at all and was interested. He was aware that both the MS society and another group are studying the benefits of it and it's never shown any harm so he's happy for me to take it if it's working (or just a placebo, who knows, it doesn't feel like a placebo)

I've slowed down a tiny bit in general - it's easy to get carried away with all the newfound energy, but it does catch up with you - recovery days are critical, but bouncing back is fast. Also I'm yet to get an actual cold/flu or even an illness - when I do, I just seem to get a bit 'weak' for a few days and bounce back. I feel a bit like crap, but I haven't spend a day in bed sick either. Colds & Flu used to trigger it off badly!

Last of all - my quest for removal of inflammation is almost over.

Interesting stuff but not really:

* I have had MS now for 17 years

* I have had my whole front 8 teeth replaced with crowns, 3d printed, they look good. My teeth were destroyed and causing inflammation in my neck area, glands etc. This has gone now.

* I had septoplasty done in Jan this year to allow my sinus's to function correctly. Allergies, etc would also set my MS off a lot - usually just pseudo stuff, finger tingling and the likes until it went away. Now with proper sinus's I don't seem to get allergies as bad, I can breathe better (and sleep better).

--

the bionic MS man...signing out..

CureOrBust - how are you going? It's a shame you felt nothing - what 'gear' were you getting? Were you paying through the teeth for it, mines pre-mixed and made by SciGen who also make MS meds (the stuffs actually made all in Ryde just near me) - I get it directly from the doctor now but I'm paying in 6 month doses but it's 'fresh' gear (18 month+ expiry) and 100% hasn't been comprimised by heat, etc. I'm not sure how the premixed works - sorry :(

I am a fairly little guy - I struggled with basic tasks and yes, I haven't grown much bigger externally, but internally I feel a lot better/stronger/healthier. I've also treated myself pretty poorly the last 15 years odd of my life, and I'm probably feeling some of the benefits there too.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

PhireX wrote:CureOrBust - how are you going? It's a shame you felt nothing - what 'gear' were you getting? Were you paying through the teeth for it, mines pre-mixed and made by SciGen who also make MS meds (the stuffs actually made all in Ryde just near me) - I get it directly from the doctor now but I'm paying in 6 month doses but it's 'fresh' gear (18 month+ expiry) and 100% hasn't been comprimised by heat, etc. I'm not sure how the premixed works
I got the "standard" somatropin made by the original patent holders I guess. It came pre-packaged and from memory, it appeared the same as what all the youtube clips guys made that were using it for body-building. And yes, it was not cheap.

As for being "made in Ryde", if its pre-packaged, I would hazard a guess that its made elsewhere and simply distributed from Ryde or possibly even pakaged in Ryde.
PhireX
Family Member

Post by PhireX »

It's 100% made in Ryde at the SciGen factory :) They are an Austrian company, they also make MS medications in the same factory. I'm not sure which one as I don't take the conventionals.

Anyway.

to the rest - I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it tbh - the benefits are supposed to begin 1-3 months and continue for 12-18 (and forever) it's just costly asf.
PhireX
Family Member

Post by PhireX »

Just an update, it's been 939 days since I began therapy, and I will be getting my third MRI tomorrow.

* The first one was a control MRI to get a picture of where we were at
* The second MRI 18 months on showed no differences and even some improvement from the first MRI and I was told by my neurologist there is no point putting me on 'standard MS medication' at the moment.
* Tomorrow I will be getting my third MRI. This was the one I've been waiting for. Since one MRI 18 months after another one doesn't mean a lot - but a 36 odd month MRI should paint a more clear picture of where the disease is going.

I guess we could say 'It would have been like that anyway' - and maybe it would have been. But I recently stopped my therapy for 4 weeks while overseas - after 2 weeks I felt myself dropping, and by the third week (and when I got the flu) I was done. It has taken me about one week of taking heavier than normal doses to get back to what I feel is baseline.

It's been a long, expensive road and trial on myself. I'll report back with my MRI's.
Svain

Post by Svain »

I am a 42 year old man, recently diagnosed (June 2018) with MS. I had been on Somatropin prior 1.5 IU for 3 years for anti aging and testosterone off and on. Upon learning symptoms, maybe I had symptoms of MS as early as 37 with headaches etc.
Anyway I became fatigued when it became hot out so fatigued I became extremely tired and couldn't move. My diet was bad, I ate anything I wanted because the GH was keeping me lean, great looking on the outside, bad on the inside. It is now October, and I am showing more symptoms. I researched online about GH and MS, couldn't find anything. I read Phirex post and it dawned on me....could the GH have been slowing or suppressing my symptoms? I would think so. After I came off GH I have had soreness, weakness, constipation, dizziness fatigue, and mental fog. I live in So. Florida, its hot and humid and I was going through a lot of stress. Looking back, I think if I would have cut testosterone, ate right and didn't have stress, I may have not showed any symptoms. I am 5'6 and was 165 muscle bound. I ran 7 days a week and lifted 5 days a week. Now I do stretches, use an elliptical a few times a week because of lack of energy. Now I am on a raw vegan diet, minor fish and weigh 135 and ripped like Bruce Lee. I asked my doctor if I could get back on it (GH) and he said it wouldn't hurt and the gh was not causing my fatigue.
So...after reading Phirex post, in a few days i will start the same regimen I was on, 1.5 IU a day 5 dys a week, 5 on, two off!

Return to “Regimens”