Cheerleader's Regimen for her Husband

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
Laraine

Post by Laraine »

Hi MS guys,

I have read all of your stories and know where you are and what you have been through. I too had been feeling lethargic, foot drop, stumbling, falling, everything one shouldn't normally do, and depression.

But, on April 14th, this year, my life changed.

One day on my computer, I keyed in MS and herbs and it had a whole lot of sites on these three letters which I had never seen before. Of course it was TCM (trditional chinese medicine), wow, has my life changed since I've been in the hands of a chinese doctor having acupuncture twice a week and herbal teas specifically for my symptoms.

I am not in any pain, sleep like a baby, and have energy to ride my bike, walk (still short distances though), and do my housework.

The doc has explained why people get MS, she said in China it is known as paralysis, and that is what they treat, and the reason for it happening is, its all about having a damp, cold body and the acupuncture and herbs they provide, increase circulation (reason for pins and needles, numbness), and rid the body of dampness.

What happens is the body gets blockages, usually through phlegm becoming stagnant in the meridians. Phlegm that moves and flows is normal but when it becomes stagnant it is very harmful, as it prevents messages getting thru from the brain to carry out movements etc, This is where the acupuncture points are so important.

Now I am 63 and have been told it will take about 2 years to heal me, but they promise it will happen, and I know a lady who was in the same situation as me and it took 18 months to get rid of her rigidity using chinese medicine, and have her moving fluently.

Chinese medicine is thousands of years old and they haven't changed their way of healing people in all that time. They understand how the body moves and works, that is why they are so successful with alternative medicine healing. I would never use western medicine!

I notice a lot of you are using a whole lot of different herbs and vitamins, as I did for 4 years, without successful results, but in all honesty, you'd be better off going to a TCM doctor.

So I am more than happy with my lot, my depression, and emotions have gone back to normal and I am a happy camper now.

Give it a try and let me know how you go?

Laraine
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Post by gibbledygook »

Hi Laraine,

I couldn't agree more with the view that Chinese medicine will likely be very beneficial. I stumbled back onto curcumin after some pretty bad relapses and into the EDSS of 6.5. I immediately noticed an improvement. I've been delving in and out of various herbs ever since and see a Chinese medical practitioner. I've been drinking various teas, largely consisting of rehmannia ever since. I can't say that I've noticed an immediate difference after drinking the teas in the way that I did with capsaicin and curcumin but I am reassured by all the research on PubMed supporting the principal constituents of the teas in inflammatory disorders.
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Hi Laraine...
I'm really happy for your results, and appreciate your desire to share. You're right, many people could benefit from Chinese medicine (like Indian Ayuverdic medicine, its been used successfully for over 5,000 years)

Keep posting..but I'd suggest on the natural or alternative threads. Since Jeff isn't using Chinese medicine specifically, people won't read your ideas on this thread.

best,
AC
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
Cojack
Family Member

so many threads!

Post by Cojack »

Cheerleader Hi,

yu must live off t he 405 :wink: i've read jeffs regimend...not sure i guess that's more recent than this post? but on this one ...you mentioned jeffs spots as petechiae....i think that's what i have...they show up just about everywhere...some dissapear right away while others last...also, my navel is constantly red/was jeffs? ive been to a dermo/worthless/as soon as he found out i was in entertainment he thought i was there for vanity reasons...my take is the neuropathy bolts are traumatizing the blood vessells into leaking??? neuros didn't know/my doctor/poor eye sight biopsied a MOLE 8O help! my liver enzymes are unremarkable...but my ferritin was high by over 100 the first time and 5 mons later by maybe 20....caused no alarm to doctors (insisted on an ultrasound/clean)...anyway...you just fishing here in case you might have a take/as you play a doctor (avec compasione') on the INET/i used to play one in many films/tv.

thanks,

cojack
cheerleader
Family Elder

Re: so many threads!

Post by cheerleader »

Cojack wrote:Cheerleader Hi,

yu must live off t he 405 :wink: ..anyway...you just fishing here in case you might have a take/as you play a doctor (avec compasione') on the INET/i used to play one in many films/tv.

thanks,

cojack
Ha! We're actually off the 101, but close! Yeah, I'm a doctor on the internet, but offcamera SAG in my real life. You on camera folk have to look good, so it's worth it to figure out what's causing your petechiae....

Yes, your blood vessels are leaking tiny pin point drops of blood into your skin. I think it's from "endothelial dysfunction." The cell layer of the blood vessels becomes damaged by outside factors. It could be toxins, bacteria, metals, free radicals. Your job is to do whatever you can to return your vessels to health, and heal the blood brain barrier. I wrote it all up in my paper...and what's worked for Jeff, but it might be different for you. You may have a chronic bacterial infection, or a food allergy. That's where your own detective work comes in.

Your high ferritin signals a problem with iron metabolism. (Have you been tested for hemochromotosis?) Most MSers have iron issues- anemia or too much. Free iron messes with the nitric oxide, the signaling molecule for the endothelium. Iron has been found in MS lesions...so something's going on.

Keep exercising, get plenty of vit. D I also recommend a monthly liver cleanse with milk thistle (will help bind free iron so will EGCG and curcumin), lots of supplements, an organic, low fat diet (Swank or best bet)
Do some more research, hang in there, Jack!
dr. AC
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
ursula
Family Member

Post by ursula »

Hi cheerleader,

You wrote:
" Most MSers have iron issues- anemia or too much."

That´s interesting, as I had anemia half a year ago:
I´ve never heard something like that.
Where did you read it?
ursula
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Hi Ursula,
Hope you are well.
We were discussing iron on another thread and I found this study showing iron dysregulation in MS created by irregular functioning of the transferrin receptor in the endothelial cells of the brain-

"Results The serum level of sTfR was significantly higher in our MS patients compared with the control group (p = 0.0001). The levels were significantly higher in SP-A (p = 0.001), SP-S (p = 0.01), RR-A (p = 0.0001) and PP (p = 0.003) patients than in controls. Iron values were within normal limits in all patients. The increased serum sTfR level in non-anemic MS patients with active disease reflects the increased iron turnover. The elevation of sTfR levels in stable patients may indicate active inflammation with ongoing oxidative damage that is not detectable by history or examination. Conclusions Iron overload and upregulation of iron-handling proteins, such as TfR, in the MS brain can contribute to pathogenesis of Multiple Sclerosis and iron imbalance is associated with a prooxidative stress and a proinflammatory environment, this suggest that iron could be a target for MS therapy to improve neuronal iron metabolism."

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=20474422

Here is the thread discussing iron. I believe women may have a particular issue with iron dysregulation, due to menstruation. Many show up in tests as anemic, but it is more of a dysregulation problem.

http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-5671.html

Hope these thoughts help-
How's the EGCG going?

AC
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
ursula
Family Member

Post by ursula »

Thank you very much for the interesting links (but I think I don´t get it all..)!

well, I´m just soooo tired all the time, can´t sleep right and I´ve been having headaches for weeks now. Really bad.
Today I was at the trial center and asked them to check my ferritin once again .
(after my anemia they didn´t check it anymore.
When I had anemia, I was so tired and sleepless, too)

I don´t think this is due to the EGCG, had a brake for 4 days and nothing improved...
ursula
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Sorry, Ursula...
Since you are part of the trial, are you allowed to take any other supplements or medication for your headaches?

Ich wünsche dass ich deutsche besser sprechen konnte-
aber ich lernte nur deutsche Oper...
I wish I could better explain the iron issue for you!

Ich hoffe dass Sie sich besser fühlen!
AC
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
ursula
Family Member

Post by ursula »

cheerleader wrote: Ich hoffe dass Sie sich besser fühlen!
AC
To put it like our former president Heinrich Lübke:
"You can say you to me"
He is alleged to have said this to the QUEEN (back in the sixties)!
In German:
"Sie können Du zu mir sagen"

I think the iron issue would even be too complicated for me in German.
I suppose the headaches are simply due to the lack of sleep, Aspirine and stuff doesn´t really help..
don´t have the Ferritin figures yet...
ursula
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Ok, du!
(I warned you, I know opera German)
Jeff takes magnesium citrate (Natural Calm) at night to help him sleep. He used to have terrible insomnia...we tried melatonin, sleeping pills, etc. The mg. citrate really works for him-
wishing you some good sleep-
AC
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
ursula
Family Member

Post by ursula »

So you are an opera singer?
I have to admit that I really like pucchini (kitsch...!)

I´ll first give valerian a try - but thank you for your advice, magnesium citrate will be next on the list (as the sleeping pill didn´t work anyway)

I heard many of us suffer from insomnia, is there research on that?
ursula

Return to “Regimens”