treating myself for Candida is helping my MS

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
JimP
Getting to Know You...

treating myself for Candida is helping my MS

Post by JimP »

I had been reading about 18 autistic children being treated for candida (or bad yeast) overgrowth and the results showed that 12 of the 18 were showing signs of recovery.

I have noticed strange odor from my poors, and I've told you all this before. I was thinking for a while that it was metabolic related, but read someone elses experience with this and she believed it was candida overgrowth.

I'm noticing huge improvements in my mood, energy, skin sensation and urination. Not to mention my guts feel like a million dollars.

I believe there is an overgrowth in my intestines, I hope this clears it up.

Before I started having symptoms of MS I had severe intestinal pains for quite some time. That's sort of when the "seriously stinky sebum odor" in my pores began. Years later I have MS.

I may be on to something.

Anyone else have intestinal issues, thrush (white build up on tongue) or sinus issues?
JimP
Getting to Know You...

Post by JimP »

I can't write anymore, DOH!

I meant to say that I'm treating myself for Candida overgrowth.

Threelac, oxygen elements and active digestive enzymes.

I also eat whole bulbs of garlic every few days. I know, eating raw garlic sounds painful. It is. However, the fungus among us is goin' down.
JimP
Getting to Know You...

Post by JimP »

Garlic is painful to my mouth. I bet you that tongue thrush will disapear in no time. The garlic must be crushed in order to produce what is called Allicin. This is a natural anti-candida agent.

Not paintful to my stomach, however. I attribute this to the active digetsive enzymes.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

I had 2 to 3 different tests for candida, and all showed negative. I still tried some medication to kill off candida :roll:

The treatment may be worth speaking to your doctor about. In Australia, it is sold as a single dose thrush treatment for women :oops: , and is even advertised on TV (no prescription is needed, its sold over the counter here). I Cant remember the active ingredient, but I researched it on the web, and it was considered very good at ridding oneself of candida. There were warnings of die-off reactions. I noticed nothing.
JimP
Getting to Know You...

Post by JimP »

I've noticed slight die off reactions. It's nothing compared to some things I've been through the past couple years, though. Steroids were the damnedest.

The only thing that kind of worries me today is that my bowel movements are starting to smell like the Baltimore Aquarium! Little weird.
Nenu
Family Elder

Post by Nenu »

Oil of Oregano is what I went after to fight Candida. The die off adverse affects were avoided by dieting for 2 weeks on the no sugar/carb program, and then beginning the Oil of Oregano. In my case, I took 1 daily for a week, then 2 daily for the following week, then 3 daily.

I took probiotics from the very first day of the diet, and continued on them for quite a long time following when I stopped the diet.
JimP
Getting to Know You...

Post by JimP »

Nenu

Something's been bugging me about reading about the Candida diet. When treating yourself, obviously one should lay off of sugars of most kinds, but when do you suppose I can I get back to my regular diet? I don't eat serious amounts of sugar, by any means.

Tonight the Threelac has me feeling flu-ey and my stool smells like an aquarium. I hope everything is alright in my guts

I have read plenty about the one controversial bacteria in Threelac, ecoccus faecalus (or something like that). Anyway, there are so many strains of it. Some good, some bad. The one I assume they use is Ecocuccus Faecalus TH 10. That was discovered in Japan to be a very powerful microbial vacuum cleaner (so to speak)

Anyway, I hope I'm doing the right thing here.

Once either decide I'm done with the Threelac, or I have finished it. I want to move onto Garlic to keep the candida under control. I ordered some Allimax, as I mentioned in a previous messege
JimP
Getting to Know You...

Post by JimP »

Nenu, I sent you a PM
Nenu
Family Elder

Post by Nenu »

Apologies! I replied :)

Go back to eating your regular diet when you feel like you've beaten the Candida, about all I can say. Every person is different. I did the diet for about a month myself. Now I kinda wish I had stayed on it for a while longer to be honest.
Stretch

Want to try this -

Post by Stretch »

For a heavy beer drinker I think this would be a good place to start. I feel like this makes a lot of sense - if not an answer for MS benificial for most everyone!

Have to "sell" the idea to Robbin tho - Was it really hard to adhere to? And it sounds like your looking at a couple months - longer is better type thing?

Give me any tips! Thanks!
partner diagnosed Feb '08
Started on Copaxone switched to Betaseron,
supplements (working on diet!)
VodooDoll
Family Member

Post by VodooDoll »

When I was on Copxaone - the Candia Cleans pills (6 per day) from GMC were a great help. Have not tried them with the Rebif.

I read the book on "Healing MS". It's hard changing one's diet.
Everyonce in a while this gal needs a glass of wine or a beer!