Need Help

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
LiquidSkin
Family Member

Need Help

Post by LiquidSkin »

Alright, So NYS decide that 50 cents over min wage means you dont get state health care. So, I cant afford to keep paying for Betaseron anymore, which doesnt matter cause I dont like all the side effects it gives me. BUT....
No insurance means no doctors anymore, or anything. So I need to know what would be the best vitimins and such to take daily to fight MS.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Need Help

Post by NHE »

Most of the drug companies for MS medications have assistance plans for low income folks. For example, Biogen has a program called the "Avonex Access Program."
[color=blue]Biogen[/color] wrote:the AVONEX Access Program, which provides support to qualified uninsured patients. You don't need to have a prescription for AVONEX to call us. If you have limited financial resources, you may be eligible for assistance. For more information, call 1.800.456.2255.
The level of assistance is based on a sliding scale so they should be able to help out. I realize that it's not an answer to your question about vitamins but it may be helpful for you. Anyways, with respect to vitamins and supplements, you may want to consider looking into fish oil, green tea, r-lipoic acid, turmeric, and vitamin D3 and don't forget magnesium. There has been quite a bit of discussion on these and other supplements on the Natural Approach forum.

NHE

Return to “Regimens”