Wife's regimen

Tell us what you are using to treat your MS-- and how you are doing.
lionheart
Family Member

Post by lionheart »

Hi, Dim. Thanks for answering and for posting wife's regimen. I don't know as I'm on Betaferon whether any of these wouldn't interfere with the drug...Perhaps shall ask my neuro.

Can you tell me how much approximately is the delivery to Greece from this site (it's Am, right?). Prices look fantastic, it's way cheaper than in Bg! And how long does it usually take for the delivery to arrive?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

thanks for checking, DIM, i'll keep an eye out for that :)
DIM
Family Elder

Post by DIM »

jimmylegs wrote:thanks for checking, DIM, i'll keep an eye out for that :)
It is mEq/L Jimmy but I really don't know what that means!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hey thanks for that DIM - do you know if it's serum or RBC or WBC?
Tissue magnesium status is difficult to accurately estimate with non-invasive measures due to poor correlations between serum or RBC or WBC magnesium levels and magnesium concentration in major tissue stores in muscle and the skeleton. At present, a comprehensive evaluation of a patient's risk of magnesium deficiency should include consideration of known risk factors and disease conditions possibly contributing to magnesium depletion, estimates of dietary magnesium intake, and clinical observations. The evaluation also should include laboratory measures of magnesium status, including analysis of both extracellular (serum magnesium) and intracellular (RBC, WBC or muscle magnesium) magnesium concentration, if available. Researchers should continue efforts to find a simple, reliable, and useful technique to accurately estimate magnesium status.
http://www.merck.com/mmpe/sec12/ch156/ch156i.html
Mg is the 4th most plentiful cation in the body. A 70-kg adult has about 2000 mEq of Mg. About 50% is sequestered in bone and is not readily exchangeable with other compartments. The ECF contains only about 1% of total body Mg. The remainder resides in the intracellular compartment. Normal plasma Mg concentration ranges from 1.4 to 2.1 mEq/L (0.70 to 1.05 mmol/L).
DIM
Family Elder

Post by DIM »

Wife's is at 1.87 so I guess it's ok but they don't mention if it is WBC or WBC or what else, sorry!
DIM
Family Elder

Post by DIM »

lionheart wrote:Hi, Dim. Thanks for answering and for posting wife's regimen. I don't know as I'm on Betaferon whether any of these wouldn't interfere with the drug...Perhaps shall ask my neuro.

Can you tell me how much approximately is the delivery to Greece from this site (it's Am, right?). Prices look fantastic, it's way cheaper than in Bg! And how long does it usually take for the delivery to arrive?
Be carefull as many of their products contain soy, are from dairy products or aren't enough concentrated, I buy from them only what compared with other shops is really cheap and pure.
Usualy they send with USPS (I don't know about Bulgaria but here in Greece is much easier and cheaper to import with USPS) and charge less than others, plus they send the items through Germany so your import office may not charge you at all taxes!

My recent regimen addition as wife's TSH is quite elevated is kelp (iodine) 1 caps/day and ginseng 520mg/day in order to boost thyroid function while I'll stop her EGCG for some days to see the results.
May be EGCG as chelator removes not only iron from cells but iodine also and most tea extracts contain huge quantities fluorine that interferes with iodine absorption.
Ernst
Family Elder

Post by Ernst »

Thanks for that puritan.com link. I also ordered some things from there.. a LOT of CHEAPER, than in Finland. So, now I wait couple of weeks? Incredible cheap prices..
Ernst
Family Elder

Post by Ernst »

One thing concerns me, when ordering from abroad. I have done only one ordering (from UK) and there was no problems. But now I ordered a bit bigger amount and from USA.. and I'm not sure about Finnish Custom laws/rules. The products that I ordered are similar (but different manufacturer) than health-shops sell. Maybe its possible that I have to pay extra taxes or something from those so cheap supplements.. Anybody had problems with customs?
DIM
Family Elder

Post by DIM »

Ernst why not try a small order from USA first in order to "check" your import laws and then decide which way fits you best?
Ernst
Family Elder

Post by Ernst »

Yes, I try to change my order smaller. Lets see how things happen now.
Ernst
Family Elder

Post by Ernst »

Today, I got the supplements, Yippiyaijee! Was worried about how much do I have to pay extra-tax. It was only 17,5 euros, not bad. So, I got Q10, ALA, B12 subl and turmeric. And last long time I suppose..
DIM
Family Elder

Post by DIM »

Great Ernst, just be carefull about what other substances they contain, say gluten, soy, lactose, oyster, shellfish, yeast, wheat etc as most Puritan supplements contain them!
Ernst
Family Elder

Post by Ernst »

ooppss.. have to check them. Hopefully not gluten or milk-protein. Thanks for comment.
DIM
Family Elder

Re: Wife's regimen

Post by DIM »

Just changed slightly wife's regimen although it's difficult for someone to follow it worth the money and effort IMHO!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Wife's regimen

Post by jimmylegs »

"like" :)
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.

Return to “Regimens”