Going back to school

A forum dedicated to the younger people living with MS reflecting their unique concerns.
downtowner

Going back to school

Post by downtowner »

Hello, let me introduce myself.I live in scarborogh, Toronto. I was diagnosed MS last febuary. I was working through a nutrition degree at ryerson university. I decided to take the semester off and go to work. I got a job with greenpeace as bilingual support service clerk. I was on a three month contract which I decided not to renew. I'm shit scared of my decision to go back to school. I don't know if I made the right one. My program is so demanding. I have new mobility issues getting to ryerson (downtown) from scarborough with a heavy school bag is going to be a challenge. I was lucky to have been employed so quickly it was just my luck. Anyone else in a similar situation?
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Going back to school

Post by NHE »

downtowner wrote:Hello, let me introduce myself.I live in scarborogh, Toronto. I was diagnosed MS last febuary. I was working through a nutrition degree at ryerson university. I decided to take the semester off and go to work. I got a job with greenpeace as bilingual support service clerk. I was on a three month contract which I decided not to renew. I'm shit scared of my decision to go back to school. I don't know if I made the right one. My program is so demanding. I have new mobility issues getting to ryerson (downtown) from scarborough with a heavy school bag is going to be a challenge. I was lucky to have been employed so quickly it was just my luck. Anyone else in a similar situation?
My advice is to do as much as you can. The more you give in to MS, the more it takes. With MS, we have to fight just to stand still. Otherwise, it's like getting caught in a strong rip tide and we get washed out to sea.

NHE
ms_turophile
Getting to Know You...

Post by ms_turophile »

Deleted
Last edited by ms_turophile on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
downtowner

hey

Post by downtowner »

Thanks for your response. It helps to know that I am not alone. WHat year were you in? Have you started school yet? if so how did you find it? I'm scheduled to go back in september as well. I have the hardest course I'll have to take in my program ahead of me. It's so nerve racking. Tommorow is my las t day of work. Then I have one month off and I restart in september. I was in the beggining of organic chem (my hardest course) when I got sick. I took the semester off and applied to work. I'm giving up a well paying but repetitive job to go back to schoo. THanks again for your response