My CtrlAltDel - Status

Discuss stem cells, adult and embryonic, and their therapeutic potential for MS here.
shucks
Family Elder

Re: My CtrlAltDel - Status

Post by shucks »

You guys are inspiring
"A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." -- Shane

Who is John Galt?
Liberation
Family Elder

Post by Liberation »

Last edited by Liberation on Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
shucks
Family Elder

Post by shucks »

I am holding a battle of the bands and silent auction this Friday to help raise funds. We got a couple local bands to play and a local beer distributor to donate beer and wine. I have know idea how muchoney it will raise but it will be a blast.
"A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." -- Shane

Who is John Galt?
Liberation
Family Elder

Post by Liberation »

Pesho
Family Member

Post by Pesho »

Just a quick question. I might find a facility in Bulgaria that could do HSCT. Just wondering if it a good idea to make the procedure in a hospital, where they don't have much experience with it? I'm almost 100% sure I will go to Moscow next year, but it might be a lot cheaper in Sofia.
shucks
Family Elder

Post by shucks »

We had luck getting small donations from companies, but what companies are more apt to donate are gift cards and merchandise to auction off at raffles or silent auctions.

Who is John Galt?
shucks
Family Elder

Post by shucks »

Pesho,
I know that others will say that the procedure is so common now for leukemia that pretty much anywhere can do it. I see stories like Stella's as a caution to use the best facility possible. While finances might make me change, My heart is set on Dr. Burt in Chicago, though it is 150k american dollars. I am nowhere near that in my fundraising, so may have to compromise. Theorists alway have the ability to think big.

Who is John Galt?
Pesho
Family Member

Post by Pesho »

I'm also thinking about donations. I work in a multinational company, just don't want to try and get the money from there. And I might loose my job if they find out, so I rather be ready to be without a job, rather than being surprised. Don't know if anyone had any success with indiegogo, but there are just too many petitions out there :(. And also, most people won't give money for something that is not accepted as a treatment yet :(. Also the risk of getting infertile, I don't have kinds yet so it also something I'm thinking about.
shucks
Family Elder

Post by shucks »

I have had the same concerns. I am in a public appointed job and can be bumped for any reason or no reason at all since it is a "higher profile" job, and at 31 years old, I am in the "kid having" mindset myself. OI have been saving vacation time over the last four years to the point I have 12 weeks saved up, andf hope that would cover me for the procedure if I can get the money raised.

Who is John Galt?
Liberation
Family Elder

Post by Liberation »

shucks
Family Elder

Post by shucks »

Dr Burt says the same thing about active lesions. Having a gain in lesion count between different MRIs also qualifies for "active lesions" since there must be inflamation for new lesions to accrue.

Who is John Galt?
Liberation
Family Elder

Post by Liberation »

Last edited by Liberation on Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pesho
Family Member

Post by Pesho »

What is the price of MSC therapy? Only available in Israel with prof. Slavin?
Liberation
Family Elder

Post by Liberation »

Liberation
Family Elder

Post by Liberation »