HSCT

Discuss stem cells, adult and embryonic, and their therapeutic potential for MS here.
iKat
Getting to Know You...

HSCT

Post by iKat »

I have decided to have HSCT procedure. I know it's still experimental but it has good results. I know I could wait sitting on my hands taking useless MS medications and wait miracle cure or I can do something now to help myself. I am hoping to have this done over the summer months and recover all fall and winter back home in Colorado.
Asher
Family Elder

Re: HSCT

Post by Asher »

Of you are RRMS this is your best option at this point in time. Good luck :smile:
iKat
Getting to Know You...

Post by iKat »

I am RRMS but had MS for over 25 years. I was stable for many years no progression. But this last relapse what a slap of reality and I feel this is a better option vs the meds out there. I have 2 little girls that need me.
UWE59
Family Member

Post by UWE59 »

iKat wrote:I am RRMS but had MS for over 25 years. I was stable for many years no progression. But this last relapse what a slap of reality and I feel this is a better option vs the meds out there. I have 2 little girls that need me.
Is HSCT also good for SPMS? (MS since 23 years, still walking with a cane, but worse !!)
I try to get contact to University of Heidelberg, Germany, because this is my hometown.

Regards
Uwe
FBF

Post by FBF »

UWE59 wrote:
iKat wrote:I am RRMS but had MS for over 25 years. I was stable for many years no progression. But this last relapse what a slap of reality and I feel this is a better option vs the meds out there. I have 2 little girls that need me.
Is HSCT also good for SPMS? (MS since 23 years, still walking with a cane, but worse !!)
I try to get contact to University of Heidelberg, Germany, because this is my hometown.

Regards
Uwe
HSCT can Stop MS progression in 78% of patients in this population grouping(SPMS).
zen2010
Family Elder

Post by zen2010 »

Hi All,

People who went throught HSTC : Can you please advise how long it took before feeling any improvement (if any)?

Thks a lot
rishabharora23

Post by rishabharora23 »

Hi I am a MSP ,48 can anyone please tell me contact info of DR.rauthan.