RE AGGRESSIVE STEM CELL THERAPY STOPS M.S RELAPES AS PER LON

Discuss stem cells, adult and embryonic, and their therapeutic potential for MS here.
seeva
Family Elder

RE AGGRESSIVE STEM CELL THERAPY STOPS M.S RELAPES AS PER LON

Post by seeva »

HI Friends please read
http://multiplesclerosisnewstoday.com/2 ... cal-trial/
regards
seeva
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Re: RE AGGRESSIVE STEM CELL THERAPY STOPS M.S RELAPES AS PER

Post by SarahLonglands »

But 4% of people in the trial died as a result of the treatment.................Sarah
Last edited by SarahLonglands on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

SarahLonglands wrote:But 4% of people in the trial died as a result of the treatment..................arah
It also has to be noted that it was one death in a small group. Any blip will screw the percentages. eg if the cohort was only 4 and this same unfortunate person was in the group, it would of been 25%. I am not saying the death should be ignored, simply that it should not be taken at face value without further understanding of the specific case; and similarily the question should be asked how the others managed to live.
Vivianne766
Family Elder

Post by Vivianne766 »

I'm just thinking , why only 24 people?
After 14 years !!!
It's good that this group has been monitored but the study goes back to early 2000's. What else has been done regarding this study?
I think a similar procedure is done for cancer. It's worth considering their studies.
I'm glad the case has been reopened.
Perhaps United States will do trials similar to this as well.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

"It also has to be noted that it was one death in a small group. Any blip will screw the percentages."

This death was directly attributed to the chemo and is significant. The various reports on this therapy all state it is quite risky. At this time, this is basically an option of last resort. There are other, safer ways to 'reboot' the immune system.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

I NEVER said it was insignificant nor discounted the risks, or the seriousness of the occurrence. Simply pointed out the mathematics.
Vivianne766
Family Elder

Post by Vivianne766 »

Yes we know cureOrbust. I don't think Elliot's comment was targeting you.
Vivianne766
Family Elder

Post by Vivianne766 »

ElliotB wrote:"It also has to be noted that it was one death in a small group. Any blip will screw the percentages."

This death was directly attributed to the chemo and is significant. The various reports on this therapy all state it is quite risky. At this time, this is basically an option of last resort. There are other, safer ways to 'reboot' the immune system.

So what other ways are there to reboot the immune system?