all things magnesium

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, etc. here
PointsNorth
Family Elder

Re: Magnesium

Post by PointsNorth »

Hi JL,

I've been prescribed Mg by Neurologist for fatigue. Given my Crohn's I'm scared to try. Is there a form that will not upset my colon?

Thanks, PN
Albany 2010. Brooklyn 2011
Hayes inspired Calcitriol+D3 2013-2014
Coimbra Protocol 2014-16
DrG B12 Transdermal Spray 2014-16
Progesterone 2015-16
Low-Dose Immunotherapy 2015-16
My Current Regimen http://www.thisisms.com/forum/regimens-f22/topic25634.html
PointsNorth
Family Elder

Post by PointsNorth »

I've done some research and found Mag BisGlycinate 100mg tabs. Apparently doesn't upset stomach in small doses

I'll take 2xday. Tried for first time this afternoon . . . . no problems thus far.

PN
Coimbra Protocol 2014-16
Progesterone 2015-16
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi there, sorry i missed your post the other day.

FYI i search for comments aimed at me using 'jimmy*'. the search engine doesn't find 'JL' for me :S (even though i like to call others PN etc hehe)

the only problem i had from magnesium bisglycinate was if i took it on an empty stomach and laid down.

it took me a ridiculously long time to figure out it was giving me a horrible cough.

re crohn's - what's your serum zinc level, iima?

i had been for testing and we knew i had reflux, i just didn't put it together with magnesium until i got this pamphlet listing things you can stop doing, things that relax the LES. the penny dropped. i hypothesized that it was washing over my lower oesophageal sphincter with an unusual cough side effect rather than your mainstream heartburn.

now when i take mag bisglycinate i make sure to take it before food, and then stay upright. coughing averted!

fyi magnesium citrate is one i can handle at bed time.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
mrbarlow
Family Elder

Post by mrbarlow »

I am a big Mg fan

I suffered serious upper back muscular tension for 20 years. Since I have been on high dose Mag / D3 / Omega 3 its gone.

Got my mother on magnesium as she suffers from cramps. After two days on 900mg a day - virtually gone.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

it really is so amazing :D
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
PointsNorth
Family Elder

Post by PointsNorth »

Hi jimmylegs,

I don't know what any of my levels are. I need to find out if I can get a exhaustive blood test. I don't have a terminal ileum thanks to Crohn's so I'd really like to find out what I'm deficient in - besides b-12 which I take every 2-3 weeks. Fyi I take Zinc for the Crohns and it works like magic (just like LDN did). I've been on Mg BisGlycinate for a week now (100mgx2/day)and no change in fatigue level (which is terrible currently). My neurologist says that I will need to take for 2 months. I will check out your regimen. I will conference with Dr. Bill Code shortly who likes his Emu oil. It will be nice to have a doctor who is fluent in MS.

THANKS to YOU for your participation on this forum!!

Best, PointsNorth
Coimbra Protocol 2014-16
Progesterone 2015-16
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

no problem PN! glad the zinc helps w/ your crohn's - that's an intuitive one from my perspective :)

see if you can bump up the magnesium to 600mg per day total - 200 a day is well below your typical recommendation for an ms patient. if you ever can get bloodwork, make sure that serum magnesium is at least 0.90 mmol/L.

and in case mag's not the whole picture, you might need to check your serum ferritin to make sure your iron status is okay.

you stay properly hydrated, right? just sort of thinking out loud re other causes of fatigue. but, do try bumping up the mag intake for a week first. hth!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

FYI Re: all things magnesium

Post by jimmylegs »

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/regimens- ... ml#p183392
nailing down optimal serum magnesium status...
dez2000
Family Member

Re: all things magnesium

Post by dez2000 »

All minerals are important. Magnesium is also important for those suffering menstrual stress. If you are going to use the FDA’s RDA as a nutrition guide, it is going to make some doctor a very happy person, wealthy to.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

a worthwhile read. lots of info I have never seen before.
http://drsircus.com/medicine/magnesium/ ... t-analysis
dez2000
Family Member

Post by dez2000 »

What you are reading comes straight of pharmaceutical book of lies. Magnesium has nothing in common with drugs. You would have to take ridicules amount of Magnesium for it to be toxic or have any side effects. If Magnesium had side effects the controlled media would shout it from the roof tops. A drug side affect begets more lies or the controlled media buries it so deep you couldn’t find it with dredge.

Magnesium shortage can also trigger migraines.

Theirs another amazing nutrient I have stumbled upon, human, animal grade diatomaceous earth. The main ingredient is silica in a form most compatible with vitamin c and our body. Silica as a mineral is part of our planets makeup and without it, their would be no life on earth. You will have to do the Research to find the incredibly positive effect it can have on our body and health. Its natural and cannot be patented and is available in bulk at less than 75 cents a pound. People are buying it bulk to distribute it to family and friends. The pharmaceutical industries have not attracted it for is's use by humans yet, but I expect they will for it can eliminate many drugs in your medicine cabinet.

Human/animal grade diatomaceous earth is known to balance cholesterol and heart blood pressure without side affects, clean the colon, normalize the stomach etc. …dez...
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

considering how pro magnesium the content was, I find it interesting that you took away an anti magnesium message. personally, I have experienced the side effects of magnesium at daily intakes less than the amounts recommended for pwms. doesn't stop me from taking it. I've already taken mag citrate today and haven't even had the first sip of my morning tea yet.

I've used diatomaceous earth before, but only in the garden as insect repellent. can you post links to studies? would be interesting to check out the science on the human health aspect. perhaps post in a new topic so we don't derail this one.
dez2000
Family Member

Post by dez2000 »

Search 'diatomaceous earth testimonials’ Hundreds of people have recorded the effects of their experiences with ‘DE’ most are amazed at what the 'dirt' has done for them, friends and family. I recommend taking DE with at least vitamin C for ‘C’ with silica makes up the cell walls of our body. ‘DE’ also helps the body to assimilate calcium. I think you know most of this, but bears repeating. We do not stand alone and neither do nutrients. There are thousands of nutrients in natures plants and animals, over 700 carotenes alone. To many people are looking for a one shot drugs, individual vitamins, the magic pills. There are none. Taking individual vitamins or minerals or eating the same foods year after year, leads to disaster. One woman told me most of her family including her sons, were diabetic for six generations. I ask her if the families all ate the same things. She looked stunned. I could not talk to her more for this was at her store check stand, but by the look on her face told me it was probably true. This is not uncommon, for I have known many farm and ranch families and while most were healthy and lived to be 70 years and more, to many were arthritic and or also had heart problems including my own. Variety is the spice of life and ‘Health’. Also, spices are a rich source nutrients as well, medicinal. You probably know about turmeric, ginger and many more including their seeds are rich and varied source of nutrients. I have researched the internet for over 30 years on many subjects. Health has been my main focus, including the history and politics of medicine. When researching vitamins and nutrients I am not satisfied with just one aspect or report for vitamin c for instance, 'vitamin C', google shows over 90 to 250 million pages in one search, maybe half are viable. Health over all is worth over a trillion in this country alone. In the opinion of the many natural health doctors, scientists researchers, they estimate, this would be cut in half, if vitamin C, and supporting vitamins, supplements and herbals became universal and doctors and hospitals concentrated on healing and cures instead of treatment and profit. A dream world? Just vitamin C alone before and after an operation will cut hospital stay by a third. Dr Klenner proved this over fifty years His therapies got him blackballed over by conventional medicine over 60 years ago, Irwin stone Phd spent most of his life researching for a book he wrote detailing the 3 million year history of man and vitamin c and vitamins. He was the one who got Linus Pauling interested in vitamin C in the 1960’s. Pauling then dedicated the rest of his life to investigating vitamin C and health. The book is on the internet, donated by his family. "The Healing Factor” A section details therapies, cures. Recommended Questions? mrhjdez@mail.com …dez...
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

dez2000 wrote:silica makes up the cell walls of our body
We don't have cell walls. No animals do. Plants and bacteria have cell walls. Our cells are surrounded only by the plasma membrane which is composed of phospholipids and protein to a lesser extent.
dez2000
Family Member

Re: Cilica, silicon dioxide;

Post by dez2000 »

“From" wrote:
dez2000 wrote:silica makes up the cell walls of our body

Dictionary silica |ˈsilikə| noun
A hard, unreactive, colorless compound that occurs as the mineral quartz and as a principal constituent of sandstone and other rocks. • Alternative name: silicon dioxide;

Diatomaceous earth, 80 to 90% cilica (cilicom) is the skeletal remains of marine animals deposited on lake bottoms over 3 miiion years. This form of cilica is more acceptable to animals (humans). Also cilica contains small amounts minerals and clays. research …dez…

Scientific terminology as expressed in papers by Scientist is not easy for the layman to decipher. This leads to inaccuracies making us/me vulnerable to nitpickers/lawyers.
…dez…

to me from NHE
We don't have cell walls. No animals do. Plants and bacteria have cell walls. Our cells are surrounded only by the plasma membrane which is composed of phospholipids and protein to a lesser extent.

This is my new search and NHE is right.

But without cilica their would be no life on earth.
After 2.5 hours research, silica was never mentioned. Research is my game and I like play. Always learn something. I will continue to use cells as most people accept it and its easy to remember and spell. Thank you! …dez...
Last edited by dez2000 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.