a healthy gut

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, etc. here
fee001
Family Elder

Post by fee001 »

Hi!

I know exactly what you mean, I self diagnosed, Doctors werent very helpful, they told me I was in denial of ms.which is a bit rich seeing as they are in denial of the existance of Candida due to its antibiotic link. There dont even test for it

I havent stayed on diet either after a few weeks and I was possitive that die off had occurred although I didnt notice any symptoms, perhaps thats because I felt rubbish anyway.

Best place to get advice I suppose would be a health food shop, here they seem to be well aware of it.

A neutritionalist at a local wellbeing centre (holistic) could have tested me but I would have had to pay for a consultation also so I didnt bother.

I dealt with back in march but am still wasting the debris/toxins on an intermitat level, usually directly after acupuncture or chiropractic treatment, I presume it loosens up trapped stuff and it goes through my waste system. also my urine goes darker. I've got used to it but it has tailed off now which is good.

All I can suggest is try the suppliments (I only took three peau d'arco, garlick and goldenseal I think 1st 2 are definitely right) with the diet

You have nothing to lose, try it. I think I've had it a long time and in my case probably related to stress.

Fiona
I do my own research, and find my own answers Its good to talk
fee001
Family Elder

Antibiotics vs good bacteria of the stomach

Post by fee001 »

Hi!

Antibiotics kill the good bacteria in the stomach, we need good bacteria so it is necessary to replace these with a good probiotic. I take the suppliment -acidophilus -

If not then you are at risk of contracting Candidiasis a fungal infection that can include parasites (yuk) and I had that.

Anyways Doctors deny the link between Candidiasis and Antibiotics so you may not be aware of the risk.

My sis is a nurse and she was fully aware that antibiotics killl the good bacteria too so they need to be replaced. Probiotic drink aare not sufficient. You need to take a proper suppliment. health food shops or a neutritionalist should be able to advise.

Fiona
fee001
Family Elder

Post by fee001 »

fee001
Family Elder

candida

Post by fee001 »

Jimmylegs

Candida causes a deficiency in magnesium and zinc.

Copper seems to be different for some reason?????? have not looked into that one in any depth.

You are right zinc is important to take, my sister is a nurse and she said that I should definitely take that one
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Mom of 31 year old daughter in diagnostic process....

Post by jimmylegs »

hi please back up your assertion that candida causes magnesium and zinc deficiency with a link or links to peer reviewed research.

if you like here's some science to get started with. hope you find it useful :)

Zinc deficiency and immune function
http://www.annualreviews.org/doi/abs/10 ... 190.002215
"Zn deficiency in adult animals can result in abnormal immune function. Zn-deficient animals can show an increased susceptibility to a number of pathogens including
Candida albicans, Francisella tularensis, Trypanosoma cruzi, and Trypanosoma "

carmom have you seen anything here that looks useful? let us know!
jimmylegs
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
fee001
Family Elder

Post by fee001 »

Jimmylegs,

Your wish is my command!!!!

http://www.stopyeast.com/magnesium-symptoms.html

Candidas existance answers many many questions especially re vitamin deficiencies. It should be recognised seriously by the medical profession, as sweeping it under the preverbial carpet is not doing anyone any favours and not only those diagnosed with ms either, from mimicing rheumatism to obesity.

google candida with most things you will get a result, truely Amazing!!!! its ignored.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

that is not peer reviewed scientific literature, and there are no citations.

i would be very interested to see the studies that back up the above page's assertion about causality.

ideally to support your assertion, you'll need a study that shows candida sufferers definitely had good nutrient status at diagnosis and that it worsened over time once they had a confirmed systemic c.albicans diagnosis.

use scholar.google.com to conduct your search, filter out patents from your results.

i look forward to seeing what you find.
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
fee001
Family Elder

Post by fee001 »

Jimmylegs,

Hey! I am just offering help dont turn it into a big venture, I dont need to research Candida I've done my time on it thanx for my blog.

By the way seperate issue now, how long does a warning stay on file after you've issued it, just interested when my status wil be clear.

Most people know how to google, if they are interested they will do it no problem. You do realise Candida is not officially accepted by the medical world so wont be any official trials etc. doesnt mean it doesnt exist though. And thats the point.

Give people the choice to make up their own minds, weigh up stuff possibilities etc etc. thats what I believe, manipulation and censurship is a dangerous thing, but it happens and its not right, not right at all.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

You do realise Candida is not officially accepted by the medical world so wont be any official trials etc. doesnt mean it doesnt exist though. And thats the point.
wrong. i can find peer reviewed studies on candida and you should be using research to back up your claims. TiMS is not your candida soapbox. this has gone on long enough.
mrbarlow
Family Elder

Post by mrbarlow »

fee001 wrote:Jimmylegs,

Your wish is my command!!!!

http://www.stopyeast.com/magnesium-symptoms.html

Candidas existance answers many many questions especially re vitamin deficiencies. It should be recognised seriously by the medical profession, as sweeping it under the preverbial carpet is not doing anyone any favours and not only those diagnosed with ms either, from mimicing rheumatism to obesity.

google candida with most things you will get a result, truely Amazing!!!! its ignored.

Just because it comes up on a Google search it doesn't mean the information is correct. I got 406 million hits when I searched for 'Angels' a minute ago. Now whilst there are lots of angels websites this doesn't prove their existence :roll:
Sunnee
Family Member

Re: candida

Post by Sunnee »

Thats my point of at least allowing/letting others make up their own minds about it.

We are all grown ups mrbarlow
mrbarlow
Family Elder

Post by mrbarlow »

fee001 wrote:Thats my point of at least allowing/letting others make up their own minds about it.

We are all grown ups mrbarlow

Quite clearly Candida infection is a particular hobby horse of yours. Personally I have no problem with the issue of co infections being discussed but it would appear, having perused your previous posts that you are implying that MS symptoms are primarily attributable to yeasty orifices rather than the generally accepted view that MS is a auto immune initiated condition.

if you are going to present a creditable argument that Cadidiasis is responsible for symptoms attributed to MS then like Jimmylegs said lets see some creditable evidence to support your claim.

I have a completely open mind - but lets see the evidence
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

agree, mr barlow! people need valid information to make valid decisions.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

for example here's me in 2006, being 'unscientific' with regard to my own attempts to link candida and ms:

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/antibioti ... tml#p16015

peer reviewed studies there, but nonetheless these days i recognize the candida problem as secondary opportunistic, which is what i was told all along, but at first refused to believe. i was soooooooooo zinc deficient when i was writing those candida posts, and had not realized it yet.

hindsight is 20/20 as they say :)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

fee I just received your deletion request. will follow up.