Hypericum

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, etc. here
lovebug
Family Elder

Hypericum

Post by lovebug »

Has anybody here tried Hypericum for nerve pain from MS? I`m desperate to find some type of relief since Lyrica-600mg/day and Elavil 100 mg./day are doing nothing at all to relieve the burning, stabbing nerve pain in my entire arms and hands and around the top of my rib cage............
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Hypericum

Post by jimmylegs »

heya, long time no chat - remind me how much d3 and magnesium you are on daily?
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
lovebug
Family Elder

Post by lovebug »

Hi Jimmylegs! I am currently seeing a Naturopath to help with the nerve pain. For 3 1/2 years I was taking 4,000 mg./day of Vit. D. I have currently started to take 5,000 mg./day - 10,000 mg./day of vit. D since the Naturopath saw my bloodwork and he says that I am in the low end of normal. I am not on a good dosage of magnesium glycinate since I need to get some more of it. I am at 200 mg./day. Low I know! I think you like that to be at 500-600mg./day. I am taking 50 mg. zinc/day. Calcium is 1500 mg./day.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

heya :) do you have a zinc level? and on a related note, a copper level? is there copper in your zinc product, to balance it?

good that you have some mag glycinate. does that 200mg per day come in one pill or two? i wouldn't high dose d3 without matching high dose mag glycinate, so, might be something to think about...

now then.. how are you timing your daily mag with your daily d3 intake? what was your last d3 level? and, have you had a calcium level done?

questions questions ;)
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

jimmylegs wrote:questions questions ;)
and no response on the actual question asked.
lovebug wrote:Has anybody here tried Hypericum for nerve pain from MS?
I have tried Hypericum, but I am lucky I never had specific pains. I have tingling which has increased in severity along with other MS symptoms. i think i have noticed a reduction in daily tingling when I have taken high doses of curcumin; I don't remember Hypericum making any difference. Can't say if it would help pain though. Sorry.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

nope, just problem solving. sue me!

Return to “Natural Approach”