How to Stay Healthy at Home with Simple Herbal Remedies

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, etc. here
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

How to Stay Healthy at Home with Simple Herbal Remedies

Post by NHE »

Not specific to MS, but interesting nonetheless.

In an interview with the People's Pharmacy, Dr. Tieraona Low Dog discusses material from her new book "Healthy at Home: Get Well and Stay Well without Prescriptions."

The podcast will be freely avalable for the next 4 weeks.
http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/PP-931Healthy%40Home.mp3
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Re: How to Stay Healthy at Home with Simple Herbal Remedies

Post by lyndacarol »

Just last week Dr. Oz had Dr. Tieraona Low Dog as his guest discussing natural alternatives to prescription medications:

http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/toxic-a ... 8846959001
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

NHE, Great info! I'm currently in the part about more effectively treating coughs with a few commonly available herbs.

Thanks a lot :-D
ThX1138
DougL
Family Elder

Post by DougL »

not sure how much i trust any of these "Drs"

"Popular “detox” cleanses, including one promoted by Dr. Mehmet Oz on his popular TV show, are unproven and ineffective, a CBC Marketplace investigation reveals.

Marketplace teamed up with some sorority sisters at Western University to test Dr. Oz’s 48-hour cleanse, which he promotes on his website and his much-watched television show. The show also investigated two other trendy treatments that claim to “detoxify” the body.

Despite bold promises that the treatments would purify, detoxify and boost energy and optimize organ function, the cleanses lacked any scientific evidence of efficacy, or clear idea of what toxins they would actually diminish."
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

I watched that episode, and while I too have questions regarding the claims made, I would have been interested to see the evaluation measures and results in detail. re not finding any significant difference, if I were analyzing the raw data I wouldn't be taking statistical significance too seriously anyway, given such a tiny sample size.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.