New Diagnosis - Any Suggestions?

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, etc. here
Madaket78

New Diagnosis - Any Suggestions?

Post by Madaket78 »

Hello everyone! I just got my MS diagnosis on Friday so this is all very new to me. These forums are so helpful! My neurologist did not prescribe any medication for me as of yet and I would rather try a natural approach first any way, I think. I see the recommendations for Vitamin D and Vitamin B12 but what else do you recommend?

Thank you so much for your help!
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: New Diagnosis - Any Suggestions?

Post by ElliotB »

Welcome! Read all the MS books you can. Read up on the numerous diets and decide on one - reduce saturated fats from your diet. Some of the dietsare similar to each other and some are very, very different (totally different) from each other, but all seem to work for some and not so much for others. Exercise all you can while staying cool, and remove all stress from your life. Many find a short nap in the afternoon to be helpful (I do).

I also take a lot of supplements. B12 and D3 are good to start with - there are many you can choose from.

There is a lot of valuable information contained on this site, read all you can.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: New Diagnosis - Any Suggestions?

Post by jimmylegs »

active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.