Any supplements we should NOT take?

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, etc. here
Jaded
Family Elder

Re: Any supplements we should NOT take?

Post by Jaded »

Oh JL I am BAD. No I don't strictly follow an anti-inflammatory diet. I find it too much - and perhaps that's why I am i this position. Partly because sometimes I need to tackle other issues so I have to keep an eye on lysine/arginine levels for instance, or B12/iron. And partly because I just get tired of cooking! I have limited brain space these days.

Plus points - I eat a lot of fruit and usually porridge oats for breakfast. I am having sweet potato and normal potato tonight as I know that I need to have some AF foods. With tinned tuna (sorry - hate the fresh stuff) and greens and sweetcorn.

I always take 50 mg zinc - and shall up the mag glycinate to 300mg again - had dropped to 200mg plus what was in the calcium supp. But shall post the details tomorrow because I need to prepare myself for it. :( There is A LOT and I could do with refining as finances are not what they were.

Ah I didn't get on with the uva ursi drops - still have in reserve. Am on daily d-mannose as well as the abx. I have a feeling it may be the drop in oestrogen that caused this - and although I take HRT I am sure it isn't quite enough. I was given estriol cream (one for the ladies!) and that helped significantly.

I don't wish to hijack this thread and I am happy to discuss elsewhere - although ultimately it may still be informative for what not to take!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi how about i watch for your update in a location of your choosing and this topic can be updated later if and as appropriate :)
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Jaded
Family Elder

Post by Jaded »

Thanks JL much appreciated. I posted without telling you here - my bad. It's been a long old week.

I think on reflection my situation is too complex and your time is better spent on the forums - which helps everyone! :)