I had a dream..

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, etc. here
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

I had a dream..

Post by jimmylegs »

well, i did an informal experiment. off supplements for about 6 months. a few things getting on my nerves lately, so started back up in a half-assed fashion over the last week or so. took the most comprehensive dose of different things last night and woke up this morning to realise i had been dreaming. i hadn't even registered that i had no dream recall until it came back. now we shall see if it was a one off. not sure i feel like doing a few additional days entirely off to see if it goes away again. but maybe i can test the high quality one a day, against the more complete array.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: I had a dream..

Post by jimmylegs »

took a bit less supplemental stuff yesterday and woke up thinking boo, no dream recall. but then something triggered it and yes, once again i remembered some of last night's dreaming. now to watch for any other changes...
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

interesting set of developments yesterday and today, but on the TMI side so let's just say, more changes noted.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

same pattern repeated, not really dealing with supplements for a bit, then the other night took some, and yesterday morning woke up realizing i had been slowly edging my way out of a pretty interesting dream
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

It is my understanding that we dream quite a bit every night but only remember our dreams when we get into a deep sleep. There is a lot of conflicting information on this topic around on the web.

I am now sleeping better (longer periods of time and deeper) and remembering more of my dreams, so at least for me, the concept is true. For the past few years (except for recently), having lousy sleep habits has resulted in poor dream recall.

Sweet dreams!!!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

certainly as i understand it the effect of the supplement would be about dream *recall*, not whether or not i am actually dreaming through the course of the night. i enjoy little indicators like this :)

info on sleep and dreaming:
http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/sleep-101
daniel
Family Elder

Post by daniel »

apologies for waking a dead thread but I've been missing having dreams as of late... I don't think I've dreamed regularly in years and was wondering if you came up with anything interesting in your experimentation...
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi daniel i have been slacking off lately and really not dreaming much, and not as vividly as i have at times. i've been eating healthy nutrient diet but not supplementing too much. i'm going to take my b50 complex today and i'll let you know what if anything happens :)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

updates of the day, so far.

late brekkies:
3 med crimini mushrooms, sunbathed on windowledge, the sauteed in cast iron,
1c asparagus segments, blanched and tossed in butter,
1 med size 'easter egger' egg, poached in water and topped with 2 thin strips of old cheddar.

lunch:
-2c chopped cabbage, 4 mins in pressure cooker topped, with
-1/2c tomato veg sauce, and
-4 mini pork&herb meatballs

dinner:
-1 bowl celery soup,
-2 slices organic sprouted flour multigrain rye toast w butter

snacks:
-up to 1/3c dry roasted peanuts, almonds, brazil nuts (actually ate two pcs like a good girl!!), and pumpkin seeds (1/2 of those last salted), a few dark choc covered goji berries (and i mean a FEW omg $$$$$)

drinks:
-1 orange pekoe tea w milk,
-2 coffees w 10% cream,
-few glasses of water.

what i may still have this eve, to fill in the corners:
- 1c asparagus, blanched, with oil/vinegar dressing as a warm salad and/or
- 1c thawed strawberries
*update* strawberries FTW. warmed up. with a sprinkling of walnuts. and a scoop of ice cream. and a drizzle of choc sauce. ok now i am done :twisted: lol

supplements:
-just b50 complex today. at two separate times, 1 pill each.

*sweet dreams me* we shall see what if anything comes of that :)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: I had a dream.

Post by jimmylegs »

just woke up from a dream. so now i don't know if i actually just don't bother to think about my dreams when i wake up normally, or i really have not been having dreams i can recall at all. but this dream was so everyday normal in most respects that i had to double check it hadn't been real events.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

today just foods, and not much besides tea and coffee in the day (tsk!), in early eve warm asparagus n sauteed mushroom salad tossed in balsamic n maple, topped w sunflower seeds and dried cranberries and a little crumbled feta, then more of the homemade celery soup and a grilled cheese for dinner.

going for 1 b50 complex now, as i wind things down and head for bed
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

didn't have any sense of waking up from dreams this am. will eat a bit more consistently today, and take 2 b50complex. we shall see what if anything comes of it tomo :)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

upped b complex recently, and the dreamscape reasserted itself. among other things, i had been taking a three-a-day multi. i switched one out, for one of a three-a-day b complex product. interesting :)

Return to “Natural Approach”