Mushrooms

Discuss herbal therapies, vitamins and minerals, etc. here
wahinewithms

Mushrooms

Post by wahinewithms »

Aloha Folks,

I've heard that Lion's Mane mushroom is helpful for nerves. Anyone experience this to be truly helpful?
Are there any other types of mushroom that is helpful in treating MS symptoms?

Thanks in advance,
Brittany
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Mushrooms

Post by ElliotB »

I am a strong believer in natural nutritional supplements and since most have no side effects, it is probably a good idea to try the ones that make sense to you. I have been taking a Chaga supplement for about 6 months and have added regular mushrooms to my diet and have some on a weekly basis.

I was unaware of Lions Mane but after doing some research on it, seems interesting and I will start taking it. I found and ordered an interesting product on Amazon called Genius Mushroom, which is a powder mix of Lions Mane, Cordyceps and Reishi. They call it an "Immune System Booster & Nootropic Brain Supplement". I also found and ordered another interesting powdered supplement mix by Four Sigmatic called 10 Mushroom Blend which includes Lions Mane, Reishi, Cordyceps, Chaga, Enoki, Maitake, Shiitake, Tremella, Meshima, and Agaricus Blazei.
Samtina

Post by Samtina »

Hi I am a care provider for a young man with MS. With his permission we are posting. We have been taking lions mane extract for approximately for 3 weeks. After 2 days of use we have both noticed some positive changes such as: clearer minds, less stressed out, for my client I have noticed that when doing his stretching exercises he is far more plyable. We have also done research on the willow bracket mushroom which may help with MS as well.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

Glad he is doing better! As simple as mushrooms are, many, many report positive results, and the traditional Chinese therapy has been around for thousands of years which says a lot.

For anyone interested, here is a link to a very interesting summary about the history of the medicinal use of mushrooms:

A History of Medicinal Mushrooms

http://www.spiritofchange.org/Spring-20 ... Mushrooms/