Antibiotic protocol very helpful for some people?

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
violin
Family Member

Antibiotic protocol very helpful for some people?

Post by violin »

Perhaps the protocol that has put my "Lyme" into remission has also been getting rid of Cpn? It seems rather similar to the Wheldon protocol, but perhaps higher doses and daily.

Alina (anti-parasite and anti-viral that breaks up biofilms), Doxycycline (to kill the pathogens outside, Azythromycin to kill inside the cells. (My over-simplified understanding.) (Alternative paths exist if Alinia is too expensive.)

Added an antifungal (like ketaconazole or newer) and an antiviral (such as Famcyclovir or Valtrex). When a gall bladder attack came up, added Metformin (thought beneficial for life extension).

I'm eternally grateful to the doctor who put me on this protocol and supported me through many years of recovery. (But of "Lyme", not "MS".) When I had CCSVI venoplasty, I was already on this protocol. The interventional radiologist told me to continue taking the antibiotics. Later on I read about Cpn.
violin
Family Member

Re: Antibiotic protocol very helpful for some people?

Post by violin »

One should start this protocol with low doses of Alinia, even partial tablets at first. Then gradually increment.

Perhaps Alinia is similar to Metronizadole (Flagyl) Both are approved for treating giardia.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Antibiotic protocol very helpful for some people?

Post by NHE »

violin wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:12 amAdded an antifungal (like ketaconazole or newer) and an antiviral (such as Famcyclovir or Valtrex). When a gall bladder attack came up, added Metformin (thought beneficial for life extension).
Make sure you get your B12 level tested from time to time (it would be good to test folate as well). Or, you can add some B12 to your regimen. Metformin is known to induce B12 deficiency over time which can cause neurological damage.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/719043