Doxy for about a week, is this positive evidence?

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
Tyr616
Family Member

Doxy for about a week, is this positive evidence?

Post by Tyr616 »

My current symptoms are buzzing, tingling in various places, decreased sexual sensation and some bladder pain issues. This is has been evolving for about 2 years.

Wen't to my doc after about a million times, asked him for doxy. I got doxy and started taking it 200mg a day for about 5 days now. After bout 3 days i noticed that my sexual sensation is still lacking, but the muscular reflexes in the perineum seemed to have increased significantly. I also have started feeling pain in the perineum area/prostate. Can this be early signs of healing? Since the nerves heal outwards?

As of about 3 days ago, i smoked marijuana for the first time to try to lessen my suffering a bit. Didn't really do much had a slight head ache after. However today, 3 days later i still have a headache and feel hot/flu like, extreme malaise. I have a feeling this is probably the anti-biotics, doubt marijuana has this effect 3 days later when i hardly smoked. I feel like sleeping 24/7 and slept probably 12 hours today.

Are these positive signs? Any thoughts? my other symptoms are still same or worse at the moment as far as parethsia and stuff.

ALSO I just wanted to add this note. Every time I developed a health problem it was linked to an infection. When i first got a chronic prostate pain it was linked to a UTI. When my "MS-like" symptoms developed, the only positive testing i had was for strep throat that i can only assume i had been carrying for who knows how long. (although they didn't give me an MRI because my initial symptoms did not sound neurological.)
Last edited by Tyr616 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

I should wait until you see a neurologist before worrying too much: I didn't have any of your symptoms, but then everyone is different.

The antibiotics included in our regimens won't cure MS, but hopefully stop it getting worse. The healing is up to you and your theoretically stronger immune system. I took abx for a year full-time then three years on an intermittent basis. This stopped my MS in its tracks and led to much improvement. I am not perfect. though, and ever will be because of the scars in my CNS.

If you do have MS you are starting abx early, which is good: I didn't, the treatment wasn't known about outside of Vanderbilt University until about 1991. You stand a good chance of complete recovery.

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
Tyr616
Family Member

Post by Tyr616 »

Anecdote wrote:I should wait until you see a neurologist before worrying too much: I didn't have any of your symptoms, but then everyone is different.

The antibiotics included in our regimens won't cure MS, but hopefully stop it getting worse. The healing is up to you and your theoretically stronger immune system. I took abx for a year full-time then three years on an intermittent basis. This stopped my MS in its tracks and led to much improvement. I am not perfect. though, and ever will be because of the scars in my CNS.

If you do have MS you are starting abx early, which is good: I didn't, the treatment wasn't known about outside of Vanderbilt University until about 1991. You stand a good chance of complete recovery.

Sarah
Strange thing, my symptoms seem to be worse once the antibiotics ended. Either from that or drinking alcoohl the last few days. But its hard to tell which one. My doctor wanted me to switch to cipro and prescribed that. He did not seem keen on letting me do the ABX regimen because he was concerned about developing complications.