Doing well after antibiotic treatment

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Re: Doing well after antibiotic treatment

Post by SarahLonglands »

Of course, being an administrator now, if you want to join CPn Help.org before the new year, if you give me your email address and preferred user name and password, I can join you myself! Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

"Does anyone think this is a truly bad idea?"

Hello ElizabethAnne: this is only a bad idea if you don't top up with probiotics every day, taken at least two hours apart from the antibiotics. I did and I never had any trouble with my gut flora. After David came home one evening with a pack of doxycycline from the pharmacy across the road from the hospital, I at first was disbelieving, but after a week or so I was completely on board. I did throw up once in the shower, but that was because I took my mornings doxycycline on a completely empty stomach: not a wise thing to do!

Since I am now the joint owner of cpn.org, I will go now and make you an owner, since you have given me your email. I will email you your membership details as soon as I have done this. Our new web-manager should be back from her wedding just after Christmas, but there is no time like the present!

Happy Christmas...………….Sarah!
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

SarahLonglands wrote:you could look at the site which the moderators don't seem to like here so they keep messing up the links: the one that has cpn and help in the title and is a .org site.
FYI http://www.thisisms.com/forum/antibioti ... 28690.html

edit

clarification, from NHE's 2017 post linked above
Several years ago there was a small group of cpn help dot org members that were abusively posting links to their site and trying to redirect every new member at ThisIsMS to their own site. They were asked to stop spamming the forums with links to their site, but failed to do so. As such, links to cpn help dot org are no longer allowed.
related, per TiMS' founder/admin's rules of the board:
http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-d ... tml#p14518
i will be pleased to clarify further if needed.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Jimmy, all this answer shows me is that putting in links to the cpn site have not been working for ten years.