probiotic and doxycycline started October 2012

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
shilston

probiotic and doxycycline started October 2012

Post by shilston »

Hi i have read on this site that you should not take probiotic with doxycyline could someone tell me why and are there other things I should not take with the antibiotics.

I started Doxy back in October and added Roxithromycin in November upped the Doxy end of November and had first Metronidazole on 01/01/13. I felt really, really ill until today so may only take one day dose again next time.

hope someone can help

thanks
Anonymoose
Family Elder

Re: probiotic and doxycycline started October 2012

Post by Anonymoose »

You should absolutely take probiotics when following CAP. You will be miserable with stomach issues if you don't. You just need to take them several hours before or after antibiotics. I took doxy and azith at 6am, doxy at 4pm and probiotics at 9pm. When i pulsed, I took flagyl at 6am, 1pm and 6pm. It's important to take magnesium, charcoal, modified citrus pectin and maybe chlorophyll hours before or after antibiotics too.

Metrazinole/flagyl is a nasty beast. Make sure you mop up the endotoxins with extra vitamin c, charcoal, modified citrus pectin, Epsom salt baths and/or chlorophyll.

Are you taking NAC and all supplements too? If not, look up the complete protocol on cpn help dot org.

Take it slowly! You can and will hurt yourself if you go too fast. Good luck!
shilston

Post by shilston »

thank you for the reply. I am taking NAC, vit d, fish oils,calcium (i also have osetioporosis),tumeric, vit E, selenium and rose hip for arthritic.
i printed out pages from David Wheldons website which i took to my GP. lucky me I have a GP who thought it was worth trying. what i printed out said to fake the Metrazinole for 5 days, i took it for one and felt so ill that i have not taken it again, but as i feel good now, 4 days later, i will have another go next month if i feel ok.

finding this site and the cpn one has been a God send as I did not understand why I felt so ill. now i do and can happily continue but more slowly.

thanks for the reply.

Sharon
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

shilston – Please investigate possibly adding vitamin K2 (menaquinone in the form of MK-7) with the vitamin D3 and calcium that you take. Vitamin K2 allows for calcium to be deposited in the appropriate locations (bones and teeth; NOT in the arteries or as kidney stones).

I took 6000 IU of vitamin D3 daily for over a year and developed a kidney stone – DEFINITELY a problem to be avoided, if possible! The recommendation I have seen and now take is 180 mg to 200 mg of vitamin K2 daily.
My hypothesis: excess insulin (hyperinsulinemia) plays a major role in MS, as developed in my initial post: http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-discussion-f1/topic1878.html "Insulin – Could This Be the Key?"
shilston

Post by shilston »

thank you for that. i will try to get some.

thanks

Sharon
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

lyndacarol wrote:I took 6000 IU of vitamin D3 daily for over a year and developed a kidney stone – DEFINITELY a problem to be avoided, if possible! The recommendation I have seen and now take is 180 mg to 200 mg of vitamin K2 daily.
Hi Lynda,
Are you sure that recommendation is not in micrograms (mcg or µg)? Most of the vitamin K2 supplements at vitacost.com for example are sold in mcg.

NHE
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

OOPS!!! That is micrograms – MCG; sorry for my mistake. Thanks, NHE, for catching it.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Lyndacarol and NHE, vitacost sells vit D in international units, not micrograms: I get 5000iu of vit D rom them in minigels. I take two or three a day and have never and kidney stones!

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

Sorry, Sarah; I guess I was not completely clear once again – I meant 180 µg to 200 µg of vitamin K2.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Oh, right: NHE did quote you as saying that you took 6000iu of D3 for a year and then developed a kidney stone, but now I understand!

Sarah :confused:
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.