Started David Wheldon Treatment today!!

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
Kaixin4China

Started David Wheldon Treatment today!!

Post by Kaixin4China »

I just started the Dr David Wheldon course of treatment!!!

27th March 2013

I was diagnosed with MS in 1991.

I am lucky, it has been a slow decline and the most obvious physical effect is that my right leg does not work very well.

I cannot run and after one kilometre my leg gives up. There is always a pronounced limp which gets worse as I go on until the leg gives out completely.

I believe this is mainly due a rise in core body temperature. The colder it is, the better and longer I walk.

Yes... I know, I am very lucky that I can make it that far.

I do not drink or smoke and I exercise each day. I take supplements and try to avoid physical and emotional stress.

So it is not entirely luck ....

My brain is always in a fog. At times it is like someone opens the top of my skull, slips in a hand grenade, hold the top of the skull down and lets the hand grenade explode.

I tell people I have a brain like a computer .... unfortunately is is all RAM (Random Access Memory)

Complex planning ranges from a chore to an impossibility.

As we all know, heat is a disaster.

My whole right side has paraesthesia. This happened after a bout of extreme stress the first time. I managed to make it much worse at the beginning of 2012 when my wife left me. Extreme stress is best avoided it seems.

I get tired easily ... something we all recognize, but something the people on the outside find it hard to comprehend - "I get tired too .... what's wrong with you ...." (not a question, a statement)

I have been pushed further and further into a smaller and smaller world. It was one of the reasons my wife left me, I am sure.

My body is like a mad woman's breakfast with lights going on and off all the time.

I wake up feeling very heavy, like I have been hit by a truck.

So when I first saw the ABC Catalyst programme I was very excited.

The first two doctors I saw simply dismissed it and indicated that us cripples should know our place.

Today, back in my home near Hobart and back with my long term GP (I had been away for the last 6 months having a quiet nervous breakdown and being cared for by my son), I trepidatiously took in the information expecting another re-buff. He said, "what a good idea, can't do any harm, I will be interested to see what happens."

So I have started today!!!!!

I started this thread because I will give a running commentary on how it goes.

I was greatly encouraged by the other threads which talk of success.

After 20 years with my head firmly in the sand, I am finally reaching out and acknowledging my condition.

For that alone, thank you Dr David Wheldon
DougL
Family Elder

Re: Started David Wheldon Treatment today!!

Post by DougL »

Welcome to TIMS and good luck
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Kaixin, I thpought I did a post yesterday. Good luck wth this: I have told David what you are doing and we both like your description of a hand grenade in your head!

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
MacKintosh
Family Elder

Post by MacKintosh »

Wonderful! I'm another of those success stories you read about. There will be times you question whether it's working, and times you question your resolve, but it will be worth it. Tell your son he's going to have to be tough for you at those times.

Meanwhile, congratulations! The first step is the hardest. Now, sort all those supps and pills into an ice cube tray and dive in!!! :smile:
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems. Mohandas Gandhi
kelladj

Post by kelladj »

Hello I'm trying to get started on the program myself.
sorry your wife left. A joke to try and help.

A police offIcer stops a guy for speeding who has tried to dodge him repeatedly.
He approaches the window and asks why the guy kept trying to run.
He apologises to the cop and says...

I'm sorry, but last week my wife ran off with a state trooper. I thought u were bringing her back.
MyMason

Post by MyMason »

Any progress here Kaixin4China?
Kaixin4China

Post by Kaixin4China »

Well, I started, and my head seemed to clear a bit but nothing obvious, so I stopped. Shortly after I noticed my brain seemed to be foggy again, so I re-started and it cleared almost immediately. Then I went from winter to high summer in China. It was like being hit by a medium sized bus and completely diss-orientated me. So, as I write this I am returning home and to winter and my head is in a fog. When I get back I will pull it all together.

So, my advice is to definitely try it, but don't go to China in high summer.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

No, antibiotics and high summer don't really mix. Luckily I started in one of those English summers which never really seem to get going!

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
agatha
Family Member

Post by agatha »

Hello
I am another success story for Dr Wheldon's treatment. Do persevere with it and let us know how you're getting on. Remember you won't be able to judge it's effects for quite a while and you will likely feel worse at times as the bacteria die off and release their poisons.

Good luck!
Agatha
Joesl8

Post by Joesl8 »

Hello, first post, just saw a video on dr wheldon and I'd really like to give his treatment a go. I live in CA, and was diagnosed with MS about 2 years ago, although they said I had old lesions and had experienced symptoms as far back as 15 years. Been taking 15 mg of Abagio daily, but getting 2 new lesions a year according to MRI. It must be slow but I use to work out 6-7 days a week for 1-2 hrs and now I do nothing.... Any help or info how to start the antibiotic treatment, who can do that chlamydia test in the US and any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Hello Joesl, best thing is to start by reading David's site very closely: http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/ms-treatment.html, and then to look up the site for help with chlamydia pneumoniae, which this site always now mangles for some reason! But there you will find lots of help and information and also people willing to give you advice. Sarah
guts817

Post by guts817 »

Hi all, I don't know if anyone in this stream who has had success is still on this board. I just started Dr. Wheldon's program last week (hard finding a neuro or any doctor in this country (USA) who will help, but I did finally find someone kind and helpful, at least get me started.

I have two questions on this.
(1) Did everyone who had success have an obvious herxheimer response at the beginning? I'm on day four, and it is hard to tell...from what I've read, this can be variable, but would like to understand what others experienced.
(2) What's not clear to me from Dr. Wheldon's website is if his wife Sara still takes antibiotics periodically? What about supplementation?

I think Dr. Wheldon is a brave courageous person. My neuro is not so open minded, I mentioned this to him...I got shut down pretty quickly...and honestly, my neuro is otherwise a smart, thoughtful doctor. Go figure.

Thoughts are appreciated.
orphansparrow
Family Member

Post by orphansparrow »

@guts817 Hello! Any news on how your treatment is going?

I'd also love to hear from other people who have tried it, whether it worked or not - any stories, tips, or updates on progress, regression, etc. This is a new idea for me. Also my husband recently turned down Ocrevus to wait and see (is afraid of the side affects for now), and is taking nothing (has been on the Wahl's Paleo Plus for about 2 years). I'm very interested in the Dr. Wheldon protocol.

Also - Did anyone without any symptoms of respiratory chlamydia get tested positive?
Kittie
Family Elder

Post by Kittie »

Hi,
I don't want to be thick but what is the Dr. Wheldon Protocol? I am on the Dr. Coimbra vitamin D3 protocol with great results. Is that similar?

Kittie.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

google knows all
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.