Pulses

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
rdahlson
Getting to Know You...

Pulses

Post by rdahlson »

Hello,
I have just added Azithromycin to my regimen after 2 weeks of Doxycycline 200 mgs dailey.
I am somewhat confused about tthe pulsing part. Would someone mind explaining it to me
in the simplest of terms?
Thank You,
Roy
marcopolo
Family Member

Re: Pulses

Post by marcopolo »

Wheldon Protocol

Doxycycline 100mg Once a day

Take this alone until well tolerated

Azithromycin 250mg Mon, Wed, Fri

OR

Roxithromycin 150mg x2 a day

Add one OR the other to the 100mg Doxycycline

When the above is well tolerated add another 100mg of Doxycycline

Metronidazole also called Flagyl Pulse

When the first two antibioticsi are well tolerated start pulsing the third. For one day, every three to four weeks initially. Increase the number of days per pulse gradually to five days.

Metronidazole 400mg x3 a day

or 500mg x3 a day

Dosage varies from country to country

Tinidazole 500mg x2 a day

This is an alternative to Metronidazol/Flagyl
rdahlson
Getting to Know You...

Post by rdahlson »

Fantastic! Thank You
marcopolo
Family Member

Post by marcopolo »

Remember to increase the dosages only when what your taking is well tolerated and above all
make sure you take a good probiotic....Good Luck

For feedback and more good info go to...CPn Help/
rdahlson
Getting to Know You...

Post by rdahlson »

A log of my MS journey.

Diagnosed PPMS 12 years ago but have had symptoms for 20 or so years; Never saw a Doc because everything eventually cleared up until my left hand went partialy numb and stayed that way. Since then, steady progression until wheelchair boubd.
I have always felt my MS was triggered by an infection but never felt my neuroligist was open to the idea.
Started this protocol 2 weeks ago, around Dec. 1, 2013 at 100 mg Doxycycline x 2 times daily; just added Azithromycin MWF. 250 mg.
rdahlson
Getting to Know You...

Log 2

Post by rdahlson »

Just finished my second week of Azithromycin 250 mg, Mon, Wed,Fri. combined with Doxycycline 200 mg daily. So I have been on Doxy almost a month now. I have not had much reaction so far, other than I FEEL better, but no real gains in muscular strength. I did use my walker a few days ago after being wheelchair bound for most of the past year; which is something.

Roy
rdahlson
Getting to Know You...

When to start

Post by rdahlson »

I will be starting week 6 of the protocol with very mild flu-like symptoms, so far so good. I was thinking of starting the pulses around week 9.
Is that too soon? I feel pretty good.
Roy
rdahlson
Getting to Know You...

Post by rdahlson »

I just finished my 4th week of Azithromycin 250 mg, M, W, F. and 6th week of Doxycycline, 200 mg daily. Had not had much reaction until Wed, Fri this week with headache and bodyache. Hope this is a good sign.
Roy
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Hello Roy! Best to start pulsing after 3 months: the longer you leave it the easier it will be, believe me!
Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
rdahlson
Getting to Know You...

Thank You

Post by rdahlson »

I will wait until I finish week 12.
I am still not walking, but feel better overall than I have for months. Maybe years.
Just a little impatient.
Roy
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Good to hear that you feel better over all! Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
rdahlson
Getting to Know You...

Logk,3-4

Post by rdahlson »

Wednesday Jan. 15; In my 5th week of Azithromycin 250 mg, M, W, F. and 7th week of Doxycycline, 200 mg daily. Writing today because I felt well enough to practice with my walker. Not far, maybe 50 ft before I needed to rest, but a victory of sorts nonetheless. I am going to try walking a little every day. Will post results in a few weeks.
Roy
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Roy, that is a good way, a little but often! Why not join the cpn help site:your attitude will go down well! Sarah
Last edited by SarahLonglands on Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacKintosh
Family Elder

Post by MacKintosh »

Roy, I'm responding here so others who are thinking about doing abx will see it. (Welcome to the cpn site, however!)
You posted that you feel so much better but weren't feeling returning muscular strength. Two things to ponder:

1. Feeling much better this early in the protocol is a win, in itself. Many people wait a lot longer to see some improvement.
2. Muscular strength doesn't come back because you take abx. It comes back because you work the muscles. Now's the time to stress them a little and to maybe get some physical therapy, if possible.

p.s. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Always happy to hear of yet another abx patient experiencing 'impossible' improvements!! ;-)
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems. Mohandas Gandhi
rdahlson
Getting to Know You...

Re: Pulse/one more week

Post by rdahlson »

I guess by muscular strength, I really mean balance and coordination. Two things that I would love to see improvement. I have started using the walker a few minutes every other day. I can feel small improvements for which I am grateful but, I am also impatient. There was a beautiful post from a Woman, who like me is new to the protocol. She talked about faith and acceptance which I found very inspiring.
We are all here because we are refusing to give in to this disease, But as She put it "it just is" so make the most of every day.
Roy

Return to “Antibiotics”