Pulses

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Re: Pulses

Post by SarahLonglands »

I was impatient as well! I could just about walk but couldn't use my right arm, but by using it a bit each day, I gradually got the use back and after a year I did this:

An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
rdahlson
Getting to Know You...

8th week

Post by rdahlson »

Hello all.
Although I started Doxycycline 2 weeks before adding Azithromycin, I am splitting the difference and calling this week 8.
Overall I feel better, thinking more clearly, A sense of well-being I haven't had for quite sometime. I have started practicing with my walker maybe 4 times per week; which is a big improvement. I have been wheelchair bound most of the past year and am anxious to walk again. I must accept that it will take time. After all, it took 12 years to get this bad.
currently taking:
Doxycycline 200 mg daily
Azithromycin 250 mg M, W. F.
NAC 1200 mg daily

Roy
rdahlson
Getting to Know You...

Post by rdahlson »

Beautiful!
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

You will get there: a sese of well being is a good start for just week 8!

Thank you,

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
MacKintosh
Family Elder

Post by MacKintosh »

Roy, Keep a diary, or notes, or a blog. Later on, you won't believe you were ever as bad as you were when you started. It's good to have the notes to refer to, because you'll know when you got your clarity of thinking back, and your ability to raise a glass without your hand shaking, etc., etc.
I look back at some of the stuff I wrote and I cringe. I'd forgotten not being able to push myself up out of a chair and crying in frustration.
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems. Mohandas Gandhi
Loriyas
Family Elder

Post by Loriyas »

Roy,
A sense of well-being is key! If you can tell that things seem to be improving that provides you the incentive to continue! I think it is the first sense that you are no longer feeling that you are worsening. As Mac said keep a log of your changes, with dates included. Seeing it on paper will reassure you that you are indeed improving. Sometimes it is hard to tell day to day. But when you look back at your notes you will see how far you have come. Best of luck!
Lori
rdahlson
Getting to Know You...

Journal

Post by rdahlson »

Thank you all for the advice and encouragement. I will start keeping a journal update both here and on CPn Help.org. I have begun thinking of all of you as my Family.
Roy
rdahlson
Getting to Know You...

Week 9

Post by rdahlson »

It has been suggested that I keep a journal to track my progress, so here goes. I just finished week 9 of the protocol. On the plus side so far, I FEEL better. I have begun practicing with my walker, and hopefully get out of the wheelchair someday. On the down side, Headache following the Azithromycin days, a bit more spasticity, especially early A.M.. Overall, I am pleased with my progress BUT, this is not a magic bullet and will take time.

Doxycillin, 200 mg daily
Azithromycin, 250 mg M, W, F.
NAC, 1200 mg daily
plus the supple ments on the protocol.

Roy
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

I'm afraid there is no magic bullet with this disease, except things which don't last! Your journal will be very useful.........Sarah
rdahlson
Getting to Know You...

Week 10

Post by rdahlson »

Went well, noticed a bit more strength in my weaker left hand. Headache on Saturday though, I wish that would stop. Oh well.
Good post on the CPn Help website concerning Epstein Barr Virus; Another piece to the puzzle.
Roy
rdahlson
Getting to Know You...

Week 11

Post by rdahlson »

Mild headache continues on Saturdays. Otherwise I feel pretty good. Rather than risk a fall using the walker I have been strengthening my legs by doing knee bends. I also am thinking of starting pulses following week 12, but I'm not sure.

R oy

Doxycillin, 200 mg daily
NAC, 1200 mg daily
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Roy, strenthening your legs by doing knee bends is a good thing and it works: I used to do it all the time! Sarah
Last edited by SarahLonglands on Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
rdahlson
Getting to Know You...

week 12

Post by rdahlson »

I had my best week yet; Headache is going away, was able to stand while dressing this morning. My weaker left hand felt stronger. still not walking yet, but I am sure I will start soon.
Roy
Doxycillin, 200 mg daily
NAC, 1200 mg daily
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Oh, well done: I remember how I felt when I first got dressed standing up!.......................Sarah
rdahlson
Getting to Know You...

Week 13

Post by rdahlson »

Will finish first Flagyl pulse this evening. I went the full 5 days without much problem, although headache returned first two days. All in all I continue to make positive progress a little each day. Nothing startling mind you, just a tiny bit better every day. I think my next step is to try Terry Wahl's diet protocol. She makes a lot of sense.
Roy

Return to “Antibiotics”