The Wheldon Protocol, Some Advice, Please...

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
bwfc75
Getting to Know You...

Re: The Wheldon Protocol, Some Advice, Please...

Post by bwfc75 »

Hi, Sarah!

Does the heat still effect you in the same way it did before you started CPN? Obviously, by my above posts, the heat/weather seemed to bring out all my old symptoms. It was like I hadn't started CPN, as though the antibiotics hadn't done anything the months I'd been taking them. They had helped me tremendously in the early months, so there was a conflict going on in my head. Then, I remembered that the CPN doesn't help with the scarring or damage MS has inflicted.

Can I just ask: how will I know when to come off the CPN? I know it takes years to fully realise it's maximum impact, but if my symptoms never fully clear (I never for one second expected them to, nor am I criticising my progress to date) do I keep it up until they do?

I hope you don't mind me mithering like this...

Thanks in advance

Craig
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Oh, now I don’t really know what to say: I started treatment in a heatwave and then we have not had such hot weather since in the UK so I thought I was less inclined to be affected by heat. Last summer we did have a short heatwave though and it did somewhat wipe me out, but it might have been that it happened so suddenly and after a period of bellow average temperatures. It was also very humid, which is worse than heat: it always has been. This year is now quite warm but extraordinarily humid, but at only about 75 degrees Fahrenheit you can’t really call it a heatwave. I have done some work on my ellipse, though, with all the windows open!

Look, if you get rid of the infection which started your MS, you should end up with a stronger immune system and if your myelin is no longer being attacked some might be rebuilt: my ability as an artist came back after all, although the strength in my right arm is still a little less. My brain isn’t shrinking, though and some of my more recent lesions have gone. I stopped the antibiotics in 2008 and am still slowly improving in some quarters. Take 1000 0r 1200 mg of NAC every day to help top any reinfection and astaxanthin is an incredibly good antioxidant among other things. I take that every day and also chlorella, which is much more than just a mopper, and vitamins D3 and methyl B12.

Right, lunch digested so back to work!

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
bwfc75
Getting to Know You...

Post by bwfc75 »

Hi, everyone

It's been 2 18 months on the antibiotics and I'm devastated.
Things were goinggreat... I seemed to be improving all the time, handling the pulses better and better, but 3 weeks ago, I suffered an attack. I'm numb all down my right side, dragging my right leg around and unwell altogether.

Please tell me what to do, I completely lost.

Thanks in advance

Craig
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

"Please tell me what to do, I completely lost."

Be patient. There is no 'cure' so relapses, while certainly not welcome, are bound to happen at some point. Hopefully it won't last long and hopefully you won't have another for a long, long time. Whatever your have been doing seemed to have worked well for a while so there may not be a reason to change.
bwfc75
Getting to Know You...

Post by bwfc75 »

Thanks so much for your reply.

So, relapses 18 months or more into the Wheldon Protocol aren't rare? Because I'm 18 months into the protocol, I'm taking pulses every 2 months, would you go back to taking the full course of antibiotics? I thought I read all the material on the protocol before I started, but I've no idea what to do at the minute. I can't remember reading about relapses 18 months in when you've been improving all the time.

Thanks in advance for advice.

Craig
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

The Wheldon Protocol seems to have very favorable results overall but not everyone who follows it has the same results/benefits. And certainly not everyone who tries it is 'cured'. My point was simply that since you have done well so far, stick with it.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Craig, I have been unable to log on for about 8 weeks until today!
Stick with it because some people do get a relapse after what seems like a long period but they carry on and it passes. Do ask on the Cpn.dot.org site. I have never had another relapse bit that is just me.
Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
bwfc75
Getting to Know You...

Post by bwfc75 »

Thanks, Sarah. I will stick at it. Just a quick one, please... Shall I carry on with my gap in tablets (I'm well passed the 12 months) or shall i go back to taking the tablets daily. This flare-up has come right in the middle of the gap in taking antibiotics. Could that be the reason for the attack?

Thanks again

Craig
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Craig, what do you mean by the gap in tablets? You take everything every day apart from whatever imidazole you are taking, which you pulse. I guess you mean that you have started intermittent treatment? Maybe if you think you have had a relapse you started this too soon. Nobody can really know this for certain because it is a comparatively new treatment. It was easy for me because I never relapsed, but maybe to be safe you should continue full time for another couple of months, but it can only be your choice.

Sarah