Antibiotics for treating ms in Australia -- New Member

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
Nessabear
Getting to Know You...

Antibiotics for treating ms in Australia -- New Member

Post by Nessabear »

Hi all,

First, a big thank you to everyone who contributes to thisisms and CPn Help. I am currently gathering information to convince my GP and neurologist to prescribe Dr David Wheldon's antibiotic program to treat my secondary progressive ms. Second, an extra thank you to David Wheldon and Sarah -- your generosity of spirit in sharing your knowledge, experience and time is greatly appreciated.

I have a few questions that could no doubt be answered by trawling through the two wonderful web sites above, but unfortunately my surfing time is often cut short by my three-and-a-half year old son who prefers the cbeebies web site! So, I am hoping that someone might be able to answer me or point me in the right direction to save me a little time. My questions are:

1. Where is the best place to keep a journal with my progress on the antibiotics? I want to keep track for myself and share with others.

2. I am currently on Copaxone and feel I should continue for the moment. Are there any known problems with Copaxone interacting with the antibiotics?

3. Does anyone know of others in Australia following Dr Wheldon's treatment? I am anticipating reluctance from my GP and neuro and need to go armed with as much persuasive material as possible!

Thanks,

Vanessa

P.S. I apologise if I seem to have posted this twice -- this is the second time I've typed this all out. Will be more careful with the keys this time!
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Hi Vanessa,

Its late, so I'll keep it short for now.

1. There are two places you could keep a journal of your experiences: either here in this very Antibiotics forum or in the Regimens forum, or start a blog on CPn Help. Or do both, as I and several other people do.

2. There is absolutely no reason why you should not take both Copaxone and antibiotics because there is no interaction.

3. There are several people who are following either David's treatment or the original Vanderbilt one who live in Australia, in fact it seems to me that Australian GPs are more open-minded than many others in the US and UK. Your neuro might be more difficult to persuade. If you think this might be the case yet your GP is willing to prescribe, do it through your GP. My neuro when asked to have a look at my new MRI by the radiologist, just said: "I can't see that!" and wouldn't even look. He does seem to be more warming to the thing, though. The person who has been the longest on the regime to my knowledge in Australia is CureOrBust. He writes on both sites, so you could send him a private message asking him for some advice. He lives in Sydney.

As far as persuasive material, this pdf file from David's site is a very good thing to show doctors, without overburdening them:

http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/ms-treatment.pdf

It is only about eight pages so they have more chance of taking it all in.

Best of luck,

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
Nessabear
Getting to Know You...

Post by Nessabear »

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your prompt response. I already have David's pdf file printed and ready to take to the GP and neuro. I will have a better look around at both sites and start a journal soon and I will definitely contact CureOrBust should I need some local support!

Vanessa
Brainteaser
Family Elder

Post by Brainteaser »

Hi Vanessa,

I'm from Melbourne and frequent this site. If you live nearby and I can assist, please send me a PM.

Regards,
Phil. :)
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Sorry Phil,

I forgot all about you. 8O It was too late at night, but I'm awake now!
Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
Brainteaser
Family Elder

Post by Brainteaser »

No offence taken, Sarah - you do a pretty good job at keeping the wheels turning on the abx regimen.
Cheers,
Phil :)
Nessabear
Getting to Know You...

Post by Nessabear »

Hi Phil,

I sent you a pm to thank you for the support, but from my end it looks like I sent the pm to myself. Did you get it? I am new to this site and not sure how everything works! It seems you are online now, so I hope you see this if not the pm!

Vanessa :o)
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Vanessa, for future reference it will stay in the Out box until it is read, then will register in the Sent box!

Sarah :wink:
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Oops, double posted :o Better go get some breakfast!
Nessabear
Getting to Know You...

Post by Nessabear »

Thanks for the newbie assistance Sarah! I will have to get up to speed with the particulars of the site.

Have a great day.

Vanessa
MacKintosh
Family Elder

Post by MacKintosh »

Vanessa, How's it going?
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems. Mohandas Gandhi
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Mac, best have a look here!

CPn Help/?q=thursday_1_june_2006#comment

Sarah
MacKintosh
Family Elder

Post by MacKintosh »

Sarah, Thanks! I hadn''t realized she was posting a running blog on CPn Help. Looks like the protocol is working, which is the important thing. I'll read the whole thing later tonight. Go, Vanessa!
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems. Mohandas Gandhi
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Mac, well, I hadn't until you prompted me to look! :oops: Sarah
Jimk
Family Member

Some resources to convince your doc

Post by Jimk »

I know Vanessa has already found her way on this, but it might be helpful to others. These pages in the Cpn Treatment Handbook have been useful to wage the campaign to convince your doc:
CPn Help/?q=a_sample_letter_to_local_
CPn Help/?q=what_to_bring_to_your_doc

I'd like to echo Sarah's suggestion to post treatment reports on both this site and on any others like CPn Help. MS patients, rightfully, turn here first and your reports positive or negative are most helpful to them here. CPn Help can be a bit daunting for new folks as there's so much info. ThisisMS is easier to navigate if you are wanting to compare and contrast different MS treatment reports. It only takes a cut and paste to double post your blog on treatment in the other site.
On Wheldon/Stratton protocal since December '04 for non-MS Cpn: CFS/FMS
Ohio, USA
CPn Help