Lyme tests included Chlamydia pneumoniaie - can I dicard it?

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
zjac020
Family Elder

Lyme tests included Chlamydia pneumoniaie - can I dicard it?

Post by zjac020 »

Hi all,

Ive seen several users here familiar with the relevance of Chlamydia pneumoniae in MS. As part of Lyme testing I have had done privately, they included Chlamydia Pneumoniae,which say...

Chlamydia pneumoniae antibodies || RESULT || UNITS || REFERENCE

Chlam.pneum.-IgG-antibodies (ELISA) || 0.1 || Ratio || <0.8=neg; >1.1 = pos
Chlam.pneum.-IgA-antibodies (ELISA) || 0.2 || Ratio || <0.8=neg; >1.1 = pos

Chlamydia pneumoniae Elispot LTT

Chlamydia pneumoniae-Elispot LTT || RESULT || SI || <2

I think its safe to say its negative,. But im wondering if other have had this kind of testing done?

Thanks all,
zjac
CuriousRobot
Family Elder

Re: Lyme tests included Chlamydia pneumoniaie - can I dicard

Post by CuriousRobot »

Just consider it for a moment: the testing you are describing aims to evaluate the presence of the organism in the peripheral blood, yet the postulated infection is occurring intracerebrally.
zjac020
Family Elder

Post by zjac020 »

yes but I assume there is some correlation between the two? after all that is why the bbb becoming permeable and compromised is such an issue..right?
MacKintosh
Family Elder

Post by MacKintosh »

CPn testing is notoriously unreliable. I don't think it's safe to assume you're negative. Sarah should be along soon and will have better input, I think.
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems. Mohandas Gandhi
zjac020
Family Elder

Post by zjac020 »

cpn testing is unreliable as is Lyme testing and im sure testing for dozens.of other unknown pathogens, toxins, bacteria etc. That really only leaves us with always having to assume we are all subject to all the factors identified as possible causes/triggers of MS (cpn, lyme, mercury/root canals, hepatitis b shot, and a long etc in my case). Everyone believes more in ine or the other but it really is just faith in a self diagnostic because as you are all correctly stating there is no way to test accurately for any of these.

I got to admit that right now im leaning more and more towards Dr. Ciceros vitamind d protocol. its really not about identifying the cause of MS (I doubt anyone will ever achieve this) but about protecting the nervois system and helping the immume system.