The Trouble with Antibiotics

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

The Trouble with Antibiotics

Post by NHE »

The PBS program Frontline recently aired a documentary on antibiotics, "The Trouble with Antibiotics." It discusses the cause of and problems associated with antibiotic resistance.

The full show is available for free.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline ... tibiotics/
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Re: The Trouble with Antibiotics

Post by SarahLonglands »

This is a VERY good programme and I wish a few more people wold take note. In the UK general practitioners all to often want an easy life and when a parent comes asking for antibiotics for her child's cold she will often get them to shut her up.This is blatant prescribing without any hope of it working.

Apart from this, I never buy meat, if I buy meat at all, where the animal has a diet including antibiotics. Yes, organic meat is more expensive but eating a bit less is better for many people.

Finally, before starting this protocol for multiple sclerosis, I had only taken antobiotics for a maximum of a week and five days in my entire life: penicillin for scarlet fever when I as six and something else for an infected scratch or insect bite on my ankle when I was about 28. On both occasions it worked as for the multiple sclerosis treatment. Maybe things would have been different if I had been constantly asking my GP for this, that and the other. Luckily I didn't.

Sarah
Last edited by SarahLonglands on Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
Loriyas
Family Elder

Post by Loriyas »

Here is how I looked at it when I was debating whether to start the antibiotic protocol: I KNEW that I had MS and I KNEW that it was worsening. I also knew that there could be a risk of resistance with antibiotic use. So I weighed the pros/cons and concluded that the chance of developing antibiotic resistance was less then the worsening of my MS. Once I realized that it was an easy decision. Life does not come without risks. Each person just needs to weigh what they are willing to chance.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

Thanks for the link to the video. A real eye opener!

Meat is readily available that is totally antibiotic and hormone free, grass fed as nature intended so the meat is extremely nutritious and good for your health. In general, you won't find this kind of meat at your local supermarket - you have to look for it elsewhere.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Yes, it is a pity that only a few people do that, though. Yes, it is obviously more expensive but you can just counter the extra cost by eating less of it. Looking at many people this is a good idea.............Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.

Return to “Antibiotics”