Two ways of getting to the site for MS and antibiotics.

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Two ways of getting to the site for MS and antibiotics.

Post by SarahLonglands »

First try: https://tinyurl.com/yagd4f54

If that doesn't work, scroll down to the bottom of this page on one of my sites: http://www.avenues-of-sight.com/Sarahlo ... age-1.html
This page cannot be altered because I own it. Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Two ways of getting to the site for MS and antibiotics.

Post by ElliotB »

MS certainly is an interesting disease in so many ways (from a medical point of view). There are not many diseases where treatments totally opposite each other both seem to be effective.

For many, treating with biotics (pre and pro) or fecal transplantation to repopulate the immune system with beneficial bacteria is an effective treatment option yet the opposite treatment, killing all bacterias, both good and bad, as is the case with antibiotics (antibiotics do not discriminate between the good and bad bacteria in the body) also seems to work.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Elliot, the two treatments have more in common than you think: the CAP treatment would not work unless probiotics were taken at the same time. Care has to be taken to make sure that the two are taken at least two hours apart so that they do not meet in the stomach. Because I took care to do this, I got through the treatment comparatively easily, was able to stop the treatment after four years and have had no recurrence of symptoms for the ten years since I finished. I started taking high dose biotin a few years ago, just to see if I could get any further improvements, and I must say that I am getting more physical strength, so I am very glad I did it!

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Post by ElliotB »

Antibiotics would typically stay active in your body for well over 2 hours.

Roxithromycin's Half life is approximately 12 hours, Doxycycline's Half life is approximately 18 hours and Metronidazole's Half life is about 6-9 hours.

In any case, you are doing exremely well with what you did and that is what counts!
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Elliot, of course it stays active for more than two hours! The two hours is the time it takes to pass through your stomach to the rest of your digestive tract, so you don't mix antibiotics and probiotics in that time. My husband is a medical microbiologist who knows about these things. Sarah

Return to “Antibiotics”