Stopping minocyclin (maybe temporarily?)

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
Loriyas
Family Elder

Post by Loriyas »

Minai,
I am actually taking 4.5 mg. LDN. I looked at my prescription bottle after I sent you the email.

I hope it works well for you also. I think one just has to keep trying things to see what works because what works for one may not work for another. All we can do is keep trying!!!

Lori
Loriyas
Family Elder

Post by Loriyas »

Okay! I received a call back from the doctor's office about re-starting the minocycline. They had not received a call from the doctor yet (he's out of town) so the nurse practitioner is going to call in 5 days of minocycline so that will get me going until he gets back. At least it's something! I guess I can then tell him how the minocycline is doing after re-starting it. What an ordeal this is!!! But at least I got something going. Keep your fingers crossed that I can stay on this time!!!
Lori
Katman
Family Elder

Post by Katman »

Good news, Lori. I know you are thrilled. Yes, it can be an ordeal but not doing it is undoubtedly a bigger one.

Rica
2010 5 years 4 months Now on Amoxicillin, Doxy, Rifampin, Azith, and caffeine in addition to  flagyl. 90% normal good days-50% normal bad days. That is a good thing.
Loriyas
Family Elder

Post by Loriyas »

You are right Rica. I feel certain this is the right way to go for me. Otherwise I wouldn't be going to all this effort!

Lori
Dovechick
Family Elder

Post by Dovechick »

Hopefully your doctor will be receptive to this protocol and you can be on your way. It is a bit of a journey this treatment but it is worth it in the end. You can also be sure that what you are doing is paving the way for others who will come after you.
That in itself is not a good enough reason to do it of course but I like being a pioneer, maybe you do too.
Michele
Michele,  warrior4MS, mother and champion for Ella, the MSer. The solution is out there we just have to ask the right questions.
wiggy
Family Elder

Post by wiggy »

Great news - keep us posted.