NOT THE BRIGHTEST PAIR

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
mom10789
Family Elder

NOT THE BRIGHTEST PAIR

Post by mom10789 »

last night we were trying to figure out the last time i had some relief in my arms
it was in the hospital
we just ASSUMED it was the iv fluid,i was very dehydrated
but cou;d it have been the CIPRO
i know it is not in the protocal
but it is an abx
shell
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

It could have been either, though I tend to think it was the fluid: if I become at all dehydrated, I get a monstrous headache :(

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
gwa
Family Elder

Cipro

Post by gwa »

Cipro causes the gamma interferon level to rise, which is a bad thing with MS. Any of the floxins cause this rise. I do not take any of this class of meds.

Also, Cipro can cause tendons to snap even after discontinuing its use for more than 6 months.

There was a lot of info about Cipro a few years ago during the anthrax scare when so many people got prescriptions of it to take as a preventive measure. It has some scary side effects.

gwa
mom10789
Family Elder

Post by mom10789 »

i was VERY sick in the hospital
at that time i wouldn't have cared
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

Re: Cipro

Post by notasperfectasyou »

gwa wrote:Cipro causes the gamma interferon level to rise, which is a bad thing with MS. Any of the floxins cause this rise. I do not take any of this class of meds.

Also, Cipro can cause tendons to snap even after discontinuing its use for more than 6 months.

There was a lot of info about Cipro a few years ago during the anthrax scare when so many people got prescriptions of it to take as a preventive measure. It has some scary side effects.

gwa
IFN-Gamma, hummm.

this has popped up in my reading, working on understanding the chronology (see coffee/milkshake post) of how CPn stops myelin loss. Do you happen to know where I can read what the IFN-Gamma actually does? Meaning, does the gene/cytokine directly effect Myelin? or does it communicate with something else that effects the myelin? I'm also wondering about TNF in this way. I'm still putting this together so I can report back what I have come up with this weekend. ciao, Ken
It would be really nice to be able to put links in here

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.
gwa
Family Elder

Post by gwa »

Ken,

bromley has posted some very good charts about the workings in the brain and the interferons that would explain things very well for you.

I can't remember which post it is on, so PM bromley and I am sure he will direct you.

gwa

Return to “Antibiotics”