help help help

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
mom10789
Family Elder

help help help

Post by mom10789 »

you know my head is clear, my legs are getting stronger
my arms and hands are like i put them in battery acid,my ribs feel like they are beeing sueezed by a boa and it would be great if someone would stop pounfing on my shouldei feel like crap im having a western blot done
because i need to know if it is lyme or not
but since sept 2 the pain has become all cunsuming
not sure what to do or try next
shell
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Shell, I don't know much about pain and what you can take, because he only time I experienced it greatly was my fifth or sixth flagyl pule. It then affected my previously nearly parlysed arm and was excruciating for a week or two. Then nothing I tried seemed to help it greatly.

One thing you might try which I didn't know about then is bromelain, supposed to be as good as a proprietary NSAID if used in the right amounts. I tried it recently for my damaged wrist and it does help greatly with the inflammation and pain. It can give you the runs, though. A useful thing about it is that it is to a certain extent anti-chlamydial. You can buy it from I-herb.

Other than that, I'm afraid that to a certain extent, people who suffer with pain either have to stop what is causing it, which means allow the MS free-rein, or stick with it, knowing it will eventually pass. And I hope for you it will pass soon.

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
mom10789
Family Elder

Post by mom10789 »

thanks sarah
i've been in pain for two years but this is just agony
and it is really starting to take its tole
i'm a very mild temper but i'm snapping at people
and non stop sweating
maybe doxy is b=not the drug for me
shell
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Shell, I did sweat a lot at first, which is unusual for me. It went after a month or so, though. Tell me, can you get roxithromycin in Canada? I used it as the second antibiotic and it is much gentler than azith.

Sarah :)
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
mom10789
Family Elder

Post by mom10789 »

yep
but don't you use that with doxy
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Yes, I did, but I just thought you might try it as the first antibiotic, then move onto doxy a bit later. Some people do that with azith but it is much harder to tolerate.

Have a think about it.
mom10789
Family Elder

Post by mom10789 »

thanks
i'll talk to my GP
shell

Return to “Antibiotics”