Antibiotics

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
LR1234
Family Elder

Antibiotics

Post by LR1234 »

Hi All,
I am thinking of starting the abx CAP soon.
My question is what are the symptoms associated with the bacteria dying off? Do the sx manifest themselves as new MS like sx or as fatigue or something else?

L x
Last edited by LR1234 on Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Re: Antibiotics

Post by CureOrBust »

LR1234 wrote:I am wondering because if this happens to me when I am on the abx my tendancy is to panic and stop taking things
I have tried ABX's and i do not feel they worked for me. From my experience, I would recommend you to be very cautious with starting the Flagyl.

When I started them, one of the beliefs were that if they were working, you should not have a relapse while on the bacteria statics, I do not know if that is still the case. I did relapse while on these.
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Thanks for your reply. I am sorry the abx did not work for you. It really does seem like a hit or miss affair with them.
I don't know how the abx faired in trials (I think if they had done well they would be advocating them more as a treatment)

I do want to give them a go. I know Its important to stick to them once you start them. Do you happen to know how long one has to be on them for? (I wouldn't want to start then after a year stop and find out I had made the situation worse!)

Thanks

L
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

Post by notasperfectasyou »

LR1234,
Your very best bet at learning is to log on to CPn Help and first read the handbook there. It's a lot of reading and quite an investment of time, but you sound serious about wanting to get rid of MS and that's the kind of comittment it takes. CPn Help is a terrific community but please come back and visit me here too.
Ken
It would be really nice to be able to put links in here

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.
MacKintosh
Family Elder

Post by MacKintosh »

LR1234, I second the recommendation to go to the cpn help (dot) org website and read the "Getting Started" section.

Most people who have undertaken this protocol have benefited from it and I would not say it's a hit or miss proposition. If you are lucky enough to have a positive test for cpn infection, so much the better.

I treated empirically, just because the science seemed sound and I really couldn't believe my normally healthy body had suddenly started chewing on its own myelin for no good reason. Turns out, I was right. I'd call myself at least 98% recovered. Not bad for thirty dollars' worth of antibiotics a month.
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems. Mohandas Gandhi

Return to “Antibiotics”