5 days of doxy

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
robbie
Family Elder

5 days of doxy

Post by robbie »

5 days so far and my lower back is out , can't put any weight on my feet. my joints hurt, knees and elbows. no stomach problems with the doxy so far but can sure feel the affect of it (feel crappy)that's good though right?
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

Post by notasperfectasyou »

Yes. It's counter-intuitive. Feeling crappy generally means you're getting the desired effect, dead bacteria. You might want to take some charcoal caps at night, at least 2-hours apart from anything else you are consuming. Kim never took doxy, but the idea ought to be the same. This may be premature, but are you planning to get on a second antibiotic soon? Ken
It would be really nice to be able to put links in here

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Gosh, Robbie, keep at it because if you had no germs that would be affected by doxy, you wouldn't feel anything.

I hope you are taking some probiotics, at least two hours apart from the abx, mainly to help your stomach flora. Live yogurt will do.

I was delirious for the first two weeks, so I don't really know what hurt.

Sarah :)
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

The best NSAID is probrably Ibuprofen if things start to feel too uncomfortable. Ken

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.
agatha
Family Member

Post by agatha »

Hi there Robbie
It feels yuk doesn't it (I'm 6 weeks into treatment now and it's been a complete rollercoaster - some fab days, some days feeling like a piece of old rope) - but keep going - reactions are GOOD - they tell you something is going on in there.
Agatha
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

Go Robbie...it sounds very promising for you. (in case anyone is wondering, my husband continues with abx, but there is not much to say about the effects. He doesn't do the pulses of flagyl enough,I think, because he is always "too busy" to risk losing energy...I will have to talk to him about it).
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

have gone 2 weeks at 100mg twice a day, i am now starting 200mg twice a day, no problem tolerating it so far stomach wise just gives me a general crap feeling.
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Good grief Robbie, I never took more than 200mg in total per day, so I'm not surprised you feel crap with taking 400mg! You would be better sticking with the 200mg but adding a synergistic antibiotic like azithromycin or roxithromycin. The two work synergically together, both being more powerful and avoiding resistance developing.

I have dug out my first posting which was in the regimens forum which I thought might help you. I had only been taking antibiotics for a little over six months then:

http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-600-0.html

You must take probiotics as well, at least two hours apart from the antibiotics otherwise you might end up with c difficile or goodness knows what, so please take note of this!

Sarah
Last edited by SarahLonglands on Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Watch out for your liver Robbie, (I know from personal experience of over doing things)
Last edited by LR1234 on Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

i miss read what you sent me Sarah i thought it said 200 mg tiwce daily.i will drop it gack down and try and get some azithromycin or roxithromycin to add, i don't have any of this yet but will try.
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

NAC

Helps the liver, helps the abx, CPn critters don't like it. Ken

SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Robbie, everything will work better if you take the two synergic antibiotics, but I only took doxy for about three weeks.

Also, Ken is right about NAC, which isn't on my early list because it hadn't yet been introduced into the regime.

Sarah
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

Robbie, everything will work better if you take the two synergic antibiotics,
will try and get these Sarah and in the mean time i will keep taking the doxy.
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Right, if you are getting them through your GP, it will have to be doxy and azithromycin because I don't think roxithromycin is available in Canada, however if you are purchasing them online, I would go for roxi because it will get into the brain tissue more easily and it isn't at all upsetting.

Sarah
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

this is really big for me, 3 weeks on doxy

[img][img]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/ ... ofdoxy.jpg[/img][/img]
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day

Return to “Antibiotics”