5 days of doxy

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

My back is much better but not 100% yet, i am at 2 months into taking the doxy and really feel it during the day (feel crappy) but i always felt that way anyway. There are times when i feel like this is not doing anything but the changes in movement keep me going, i hope it just keeps getting better. will let you know every month or so. go to my doctor the end of November and if the improvements keep up it will be an interesting visit.
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
bestadmom
Family Elder

Post by bestadmom »

Hi Robbie,

Needled sent me the link to your thread ad I am blown away. This is so uplifting. I am happy for you, and now will investigate whether I can try this regimen.

Michelle
Chris55
Family Elder

Post by Chris55 »

Suggestion: My daughter kept a daily diary...wrote down EVERY change--big or small. It was amazing..she always had some improvement. Of course, being "female" you know how we focus on "every little detail"--for years and years and years--LOL! Seriously, it did do a lot for keeping her positive. Give it a try...and good luck!
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

I have noticed many things get better for a bit and then back to the way they were and back and forth. One thing i have noticed gettig better the whole time and now gone completly is the clonus i had which pretty much came with every movement of my feet. I am very happy about this and hope it stays this way. I have been on the doxy for 9 weeks now.
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

Robbie - your story is amazing! You are an inspiration for those who come to TIMS. Congrats and keep on making the videos.

Sharon
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

Thank you Sharon, some days are the best in years and some are bad. One day at a time and will see where this goes.See both my doc's in a week(GP & Neuro)hoping for a good day then, it's amazing how good i have felt sometimes over the last couple months.
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
Needled
Family Elder

Post by Needled »

Robbie, You look awesome! Standing right out of that chair, moving around so well. And standing on your own, too. You look so strong and stable. I went back and watched your other two videos, and your improvement is just fantastic. I hope you’re feeling well and made out OK at your doctor appointments. Congrats and keep those videos coming! :D :D
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Likewise, I went back to the other two videos. What I liked this time was the added touch of the golf club. Perhaps by the summer you will actually be able to try playing outdoors: thinking about it, it must be a very god form of exercise for someone trying to build up their mobility.

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
Loriyas
Family Elder

Post by Loriyas »

Robbie
After watching this most recent video I went back and watched the one previous. What struck me was the significant improvement in your strength and quickness. You're ability to move has changed incredibly. You must be thrilled with the improvement you have seen in just a few weeks. And with only the doxycycline! I am certain you will continue to improve while on this antibiotic journey. It just keeps getting better and better. Congratulations! I am so happy for you.
Lori
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

My wife and i went out for chinese food Saturday night and when i went to the bathroom i could not get my chair into the bathroom itself never mind the actual stall to piss . I was able to shuffle my way across the bathroom from the door to the stall and get seated. 3 months ago that would have been impossible but since i can put weight on my legs now i don't feel so helpless, before i would of had to just sit there and piss myself which would have been bad for me and the friends that drove us there. I know this dosn't sound like much but it was huge to me.
I did call ahead to see if their washrooms were wheelchair accessible and they said yes,i guess they thought the hand bar at the back of the toilet was enough.
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Gosh, that must make you feel so happy!

Sarah :)
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
agatha
Family Member

Post by agatha »

Wow! You are so much quicker and stronger Robbie. I like the way you remain so deadpan in your video clip - like it's no big deal! (Are you screaming and cheering inside your head!?) Has your doctor made any comment? Here's to continuing improvement.
Katman
Family Elder

Hooray, Robbie

Post by Katman »

Yes, it is huge! Nobody but "one of us" can realize what it is like to be able to do a thing we thought was gone forever. Keep it up - it is five years and three months for me and these are still happening. And they are still huge!

Rica
2010 5 years 4 months Now on Amoxicillin, Doxy, Rifampin, Azith, and caffeine in addition to  flagyl. 90% normal good days-50% normal bad days. That is a good thing.

Return to “Antibiotics”