Faith in Aimspro

A forum to discuss Aimspro (Goat Serum) as a possible therapy for MS
Faith

Faith in Aimspro

Post by Faith »

Having read the last post from Finn. I am wondering where this person gets all of their information. They seem to know everything about Daval. I don't think so? Daval has never ever charged any patient for Aimspro. Daval is a small company who has a product which they and a lot of eminent professionals in the medical world believe in. Daval has shareholders who have invested their savings with the belief that Daval has a product which will help so many people. Most of the investors have done this because they feel this will bring something to all those suffering from the devastation that MS brings, not financial rewards, they are ordinary people who have taken a leap of faith in something they have decided will help so many people.

A trial has been done the results are there - it just depends which song sheet you are singing from!!!

What all the negativity is about is certain factions dont want a side effect free treatment that works. They want drugs that make money for their shareholders! The MS society states that they are commited to investing in new research and treatments. Have they offered Daval any help?

How many of us take pills, the contraceptive pill, stuff in your medicine cabinets that have so many contra indications its frightening but we still take them without any thought to what they could do us in years to come.

The one thing everyone wants is something to help all MS sufferers. I feel negative posts are from people who have other agendas and do not want to see Aimspro work.

Dad this one was for you! - Love you x
finn
Contributing Author

Post by finn »

Sorry, time to leave the board.

-finn
Last edited by finn on Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bromley
Family Elder

Aimspro

Post by bromley »

Faith,

There have been too many false dawns with MS treatments and many sufferers are wary of claims made by makers of up-coming treatments. Much of the press coverage of Aimspro has claimed dramatic improvements - something which all sufferers would like to see. But where is the evidence of Aimspro's effectiveness? A large scale trial needs to be undertaken to assess the drugs effectiveness - this would be expected for any new drug. To date, one of the trials has been halted and the other, for Optic Neurosis, was very small and the results are not clear.

I'm sure the aims of Daval are worthy, but real evidence is needed before any drug can come to the market. Until real evidence is provided this treatment has to sit with a range of others where there is lots of anectodal evidence, but little scientific evidence. I doubt if anyone who posts on this site has a hidden agenda - we just want effective treatments which have been properly tested and approved.

Bromley
Daunted
Family Elder

Re: Faith in Aimspro

Post by Daunted »

Faith wrote:Daval has never ever charged any patient for Aimspro.
This was true until recently. If you want to get it prescribed on a named-patient basis, at this point, you have to pay. Not so if you were prescribed it previously, it has been provided free, and will continue to be.

I'm encouraged by the stories I've read, but we need more data. At present the criticisms are just as speculative as the claims that it will revolutionize MS treatment.

But it doesn't make sense to hype up a drug that doesn't work- in the end if it does not work, it will not be a viable product. They won't get licenses for it (especially in the U.S) if it doesn't work. It wouldn't do them any good to promote a product that will eventually bust them. Why would they do that? I think they truly believe it works.
Faith

Post by Faith »

Daunted Said:

"But it doesn't make sense to hype up a drug that doesn't work- in the end if it does not work, it will not be a viable product. They won't get licenses for it (especially in the U.S) if it doesn't work. It wouldn't do them any good to promote a product that will eventually bust them. Why would they do that? I think they truly believe it works."

Dear Daunted,

Quiet words of wisdom. The patients on the informed consent basis are leading better lives. Would they be saying this if it were not true? What are their gains? I don't think any of them are investors. They are the lucky ones, there are thousands of MS sufferers who would like to try Aimspro, www.proventus.org.uk gains signatures at a rate of about 60 people a day. The ON trials are positive and I am sure the facts will out.

It does work!

Faithxx
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

Faith, I gather your father is on Aimspro? How has he done?
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
Daunted
Family Elder

Post by Daunted »

It appears the MHRA is hindering their ability to get Aimspro to patients who desire to purchase it. I HATE this kind of governmental interference; if someone is willing to take the risks associated with taking a new product, how is it any of their business?

At this point the MHRA is supposedly BLOCKING PRODUCTION of Aimspro.

From http://www.proventus.org.uk/breakingnews.shtml

Recently we have begun to receive many, many phone calls, letters and email enquiries from our members and the public about one thing only… What are "specials" and the "named patient basis" and how can they be obtained? Such was the level of demand for information on this that Proventus contacted Daval International Ltd to further clarify matters to help us construct an effective system to assist our members in obtaining these specials.

Daval International Ltd agreed to meet Proventus late last week and what they revealed to us at that time was quite literally a bombshell! Even before we could approach them around the table they revealed that there were some unhelpful actions from the MHRA which have put Aimspro production on hold at present with no clear indication that it could resume at any specific time in the immediate future! Naturally Proventus wanted to obtain more information with regard to this interference, especially as so many of you may literally be slowly dying from MS and other disorders, so we will be meeting again very soon to ascertain more detail and then providing a summary of these events on our website asap on a regular basis.

MY COMMENT: I guess if they thought that it would be easier to introduce, manufacture, and distribute Aimspro in the UK as opposed to the U.S., it is proving to be just as difficult!
Faith

Post by Faith »

Aaron,

Sorry for not replying sooner. No my father is not on Aimspro, sadly he died four years ago of cancer. The reference made to him was a personal message from me, but thanks for asking.

Faith x

Return to “Aimspro”